Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Opinions/Tests Done On New Dayton Audio RS180P-8 Paper Cone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Opinions/Tests Done On New Dayton Audio RS180P-8 Paper Cone?

Has anyone tested or listened to the new paper cone Dayton Audio RS180P-8? Looks interesting!

Here's a link if you haven't seen one yet. http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-...8-ohm--295-365
    Jazz Wine HiFi

Re: Any Opinions/Tests Done On New Dayton Audio RS180P-8 Paper Cone?

I don't think they are available yet. Just like the other two paper coned RS drivers. I have already ordered a pair of the RS150P's but they haven't shipped yet.
    Craig

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

Comment

I am also very curious about these. I suggested to PE people years ago that we, or at least I,
      am interested in modern low distorting motors with the smooth response of the older treated
      paper and very smooth poly cone designs.

Cone mass (11.5g) is rather low for a 7".

Comment

There are now four paper RS drivers listed 100, 125, 150 and 180.

Comment

Just a quick update:

These are now in stock. Enjoy!
          Best Regards,

Rory Buszka
          Product Manager, Dayton Audio

The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Comment

Yes they are Rory, but I don't see any measurements posted for any of the drivers. Will these be up soon?
            "If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it? - Dogen

"Why are you wearing that stupid human suit" - Frank

"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back" - Roland

Comment

How about 4 ohm? Should it be out soon?

Comment

I'll be happy to test and post if anyone wants to send me a pair. I'm more interested in the 7 and 8" ones but would test any version now.

Mark
                audioheuristics isn't around right now...

Comment

Hi everyone,

Sorry about the delay in providing spec sheets. Our graphic art department is fairly swamped with work right now but I will see that the spec sheets are uploaded to DaytonAudio.com and PE's site as soon as we have them finished.

The 4-ohm versions of the 4", 5", 6", and 7" paper cone RS drivers and the 8" models in 4 and 8 ohm versions are still under development. We should be able to hit early spring, but as with everything there are unknowns. I appreciate everyone's patience with this.
                  Best Regards,

Rory Buszka
                  Product Manager, Dayton Audio

The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Comment

Thanks Rory.
                    " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
                    Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
                    http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Mr. Tony the Mailman (thats what our kids call him) just delivered my pair of RS150P-8!!!! They look fantastic! The new cone material really looks sharp and the build quality appears to be spot on with the original RS line. I'll start a new thread hopefully later today with some initial measurements. I need to make another insert for my quasi infinite baffle before I can make any FR or distortion measurements.

Hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable Christmas.
                      Craig

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
                        Mr. Tony the Mailman (thats what our kids call him) just delivered my pair of RS150P-8!!!! They look fantastic! The new cone material really looks sharp and the build quality appears to be spot on with the original RS line. I'll start a new thread hopefully later today with some initial measurements. I need to make another insert for my quasi infinite baffle before I can make any FR or distortion measurements.

Hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable Christmas.
                        Bunk!!! You don't have them.

We'd see pictures if you really did. :p
                        R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
                        Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                        "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Threw a pair of RS180P on the WT3 and the T/S parameters basically match the revised specs on the new Dayton sheet (not the preliminary specs on the PE site). Excellent consistency too, as expected.

Looks like these should work well in a vented 2-way with about 0.5cuft and a f3 around 50Hz.

Comment

Working...
                          X