Clear All

• do people actually buy these

http://www.marten.se/coltrane/supreme.htm

Almost half million$. Seems pretty crazy to me

Re: do people actually buy these

Originally posted by bark424 View Post
    http://www.marten.se/coltrane/supreme.htm

Almost half million$. Seems pretty crazy to me
    Yes, the same people who buy Bugatti Veyrons. They're out there.

I just worked with the same drivers on a smaller scale for a Physician who will be retiring in a couple of years and wanted his final set of speakers. Although he is saving significantly over the cost of a commercial system like this.

Sometimes though, these companies will make a one-off super-system for marketing purposes and no more are made unless some uber-rich guy wants a pair, then they build another one. That is likely the case here with the Martens.

Merry Christmas
    Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

they do, and the marten speakers are right up there with the best speakers you will ever hear. the Coltrane and django are very good, at everything a speaker should do.
      craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Definitely get your ears on the Django XL's if you can.
        "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

I've heard the ones Jeff was taking about and I don't think my ears are worthy of anything better

Comment

you heard the difference in Jeff's, so why wouldn't you hear the difference in the Martens ? the Martens were the first speaker line that I listened to with ceramic drivers that I really liked. detailed and not, audiophile terms coming, dry or sterile.
            craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

they look nice until they threw the grills on... something from an 80's pioneer 6x9.

Comment

well when you get yours you can leave the grills off
                Last edited by craigk; 12-25-2013, 08:22 PM.
                craigk

Comment

Originally posted by craigk View Post
                  you heard the difference in Jeff's, so why wouldn't you hear the difference in the Martens ? the Martens were the first speaker line that I listened to with ceramic drivers that I really liked. detailed and not, audiophile terms coming, dry or sterile.
                  I took bark's response as meaning he couldn't hear a difference so his ears aren't worthy. I could easily be wrong.

Comment

When I get my mansion in Dubai I'm going to have a few pairs of those, maybe for an 11.4 HT system :D
                    My modest builds:
                    Armadillo TM, A.K.A. Lil' Dillo
                    Tarkus/Armadillo build #2
                    Armadillo Center Channel
                    Au-Rock-O Sub
                    Tarkus
                    Staining MDF tutorial

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
                      I took bark's response as meaning he couldn't hear a difference so his ears aren't worthy. I could easily be wrong.
                      I could easily hear the quality of the ones Jeff built. I was speaking monetarily my ears aren't worthy of listening to speakers that cost a half million dollars

Comment

Originally posted by bark424 View Post
                        I could easily hear the quality of the ones Jeff built. I was speaking monetarily my ears aren't worthy of listening to speakers that cost a half million dollars
                        Ah. Gottcha.

Comment

For the cost of those ceramic woofers i would leave those **** fugly grills in place. Probably uber delicate.

Comment

If were talking about the steel mesh grills, those don't come off. They are made as a permanent part of the Accuton driver. And trust me, you want it that way.
                            Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

a little angry of late. someone stole your kool aid?

regardless of how "good" they may be, diminishing returns prevails. and the grills are horrible. oh and your bicycle thing is bs, the reality of it is, morality rules the world... as you make on earth, i shall make in heaven. and when you get yours, you can overpay (by a lot)

Comment

Working...
                              X