Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line level bass boost circuit?

Hello,

I am building an inexpensive set of desktop speakers. I am locked into a full range driver due to the very specific dimensions of my enclosure. I have found the PERFECT speaker , but unfortunately it excels at mid range frequencies so bass is pretty lacking (see more details and frequency response here. I'm wondering if anyone could help me with a line level bass boost circuit? I understand it would actually just suppress higher frequencies. Ultimately, I'd like to boost bass and treble if possible. here is what i've found at the following website, but wanted to see if this looks like it could work:

in-------r1------+-----------out
    |
    |
    r2
    |
    |
    c1
    |
    |
    gnd

r1=1.2k
    r2=270 ohms
    c1=1uF

from
    http://www.electronicspoint.com/simp...it-t20170.html

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated!
    Sprites as Separates
    ND65 Vented Desktops
    Overnight Sensations with Amp

Re: Line level bass boost circuit?

I'm wondering what the enclosure dimensions are?

If this is for a computer, why not just use a built in equalizer?

Comment

I'm fearful of posting this actually because I have a feeling this is as far from the ideal enclosure as one could get. But, I am riffing off designs like this and this and am trying to make it a little more powerful...their design uses a .25w and 1.4w mono amp respectively, the one I am using is 3w stereo, and I like playing with the few design elements, like color and material of wire and speaker covers.

jars are around 2.5"x4". I have used equalizer settings in a comp and smart phone to boost the bass, which works fairly well, but I'd like them to be a little more plug and play, and I'm interested in learning the circuitry of passive filters and crossovers.
      Attached Files
      Sprites as Separates
      ND65 Vented Desktops

Comment

Well, those drivers probably aren't capable of any bass in any case, still . . . I'd pack those jars full of polyfill or fiberglass. You can research "baffle step compensation circuit" which will hold up the bottom end (compared to the mid), but not the top. Probably too much time and money invested for the return, for me (even if the money is minimal).

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
          Well, those drivers probably aren't capable of any bass in any case, still . . . I'd pack those jars full of polyfill or fiberglass. You can research "baffle step compensation circuit" which will hold up the bottom end (compared to the mid), but not the top. Probably too much time and money invested for the return, for me (even if the money is minimal).
          I'm inclined to agree.... Consider a nd65 if you need bass, that driver just won't really do much with an Fs of 300, so it may make more sense to invest in the driver first before corrections. Also, if your 3w stereo amp is the memo, that will not put out a ton of bass to start with, at least not without a good bit of distortion. But compared to the ones you linked to, I guess relative performance seems more important
          TM (RS125/TB25-302), TM RS150S / Vifa BC25SC06, RS150-4 / Vifa ML-TL, 3CR-AL Ultra Budget: Electric Blue TM, TMM, MTM, Dragonflies , Mounties: Mini HT Satellite,sub for minions

Comment

cheap, fast, and dirty

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191024369952

Comment

Originally posted by moron#99 View Post
              i like how they put the eq on a pedestal...

Comment

thanks for the input. I have done some testing with the nd65. it seems like a much, much better speaker, but the size just isn't right without cutting off the square support edges. the Tang Band W2-748SG 2" Full Range Driver is a better fit. Looks like more testing is in order...
                Sprites as Separates
                ND65 Vented Desktops

Comment

Working...
                X