X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tombond
    replied
    Re: InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....

Hey Wolf, add me. I have a couple of pairs plus the special entry.

Leave a comment:

• JasonP
    replied

Put me down for one pair, Jupiter V

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

I have updated the attendee list as it currently stands.
    Please let me know if you would like to attend so I can keep an accurate head count.

Note- there is a set of terms about one of the door-prizes, please comply with these.

I will be sending out requests for sponsors soon as I've been pretty busy this year.
    Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Originally posted by 4thtry View Post
    Ben,

Please add my name to the list of attendees. I would like to bring along my
    current project for demo only.

Drivers: One B&G Neo8 PDR & two TB W6-1139SIF's per channel.
    Xover: Custom OmniMic/WT3 interactive creation (approx 800Hz @ 12dB/octave).
    Alignment: Two 2 cu ft boxes tuned to 24Hz.
    Neo8 loading: 3.3 liter open back design.
    Driver cost: $392.78 (current PE retail)

Thanks,

Bill S.
    Sounds cool!
    Thing is- I've not updated that list yet. I will be doing more of that this month. Feb is Door-prize scavenging month!
    Glad you can make it down here,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• 4thtry
    replied

Ben,

Please add my name to the list of attendees. I would like to bring along my
    current project for demo only.

Drivers: One B&G Neo8 PDR & two TB W6-1139SIF's per channel.
    Xover: Custom OmniMic/WT3 interactive creation (approx 800Hz @ 12dB/octave).
    Alignment: Two 2 cu ft boxes tuned to 24Hz.
    Neo8 loading: 3.3 liter open back design.

Thanks,

Bill S.
    Last edited by 4thtry; 02-07-2014, 01:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• marvin
    replied

Originally posted by mattsk8 View Post
    For my music system I agree; the ER18s have no desire to play w/ a subwoofer, they sound amazing all by themselves. But, for my HT system, I think my neighbors have the right to know and hear when I'm watching intense action flicks and bombs are going off :p.
    :D:D

Leave a comment:

• Paul K.
    replied

I understand your point. My "HT" setup is strictly 2-channel using a pair of 4-way speakers I built years ago that have 10" woofers. These completely satisfy my needs.
    Paul

For my music system I agree; the ER18s have no desire to play w/ a subwoofer, they sound amazing all by themselves. But, for my HT system, I think my neighbors have the right to know and hear when I'm watching intense action flicks and bombs are going off :p.

Leave a comment:

• mattsk8
    replied

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
    FWIW and YMMV, I have absolutely no interest in or need for subwoofers, so not having a demo of some isn't a loss at all for me, but I do understand that others think differently and that's fine.
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• Paul K.
    replied

FWIW and YMMV, I have absolutely no interest in or need for subwoofers, so not having a demo of some isn't a loss at all for me, but I do understand that others think differently and that's fine.
    Paul

I hear you (and if we had a sub demo everyone in the hotel would hear you too :p). Perhaps a good theme for another time/place.

Leave a comment:

• mattsk8
    replied

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    The more I think about it, the more problematic it seems this kind of run could be. Sure we could hear a few subs, but blasting them will be a no-go. Say we run a small pair, and then with a sub the same music set, and that is likely all we will be able to do. We can't do a labhorn or 40 Hz bass-horn like dlsbobby at Dayton DIY, as I fear our usage of the facility may be compromised.

Later,
    Wolf
    I hear you (and if we had a sub demo everyone in the hotel would hear you too :p). Perhaps a good theme for another time/place.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Hadn't considered that. Would be really cool to hear some of the subs you guys have built, but I didn't think about the bass resonating in a hotel.

I haven't heard much from home audio as far as subs go. All I've heard are my Klipsch, and whatever the mainstream audio manufacturing world has to offer. Always wanted to hear Jinjuku's build using the Infinity sub... http://forums.audioholics.com/forums...nce-1260w.html
    The more I think about it, the more problematic it seems this kind of run could be. Sure we could hear a few subs, but blasting them will be a no-go. Say we run a small pair, and then with a sub the same music set, and that is likely all we will be able to do. We can't do a labhorn or 40 Hz bass-horn like dlsbobby at Dayton DIY, as I fear our usage of the facility may be compromised.

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Originally posted by PEB View Post
    Wolf,
    I wonder if you can approach the hotel about the back doors to the conference room. The closers don't work too well, and the blinds suffer abuse because of this. Going in and out of the doors is pretty much a 2-person task. Plus I always feel obligated to try to keep the noise down as much as possible.

It would also be better if we could unlock those doors during the event. Trying to keep them just blocked open was quite a hassle.

It is nice to use those rear doors, so that we can bring in stuff from our cars.

Thanks.
    I don't believe there is anything that can be done about that. We just have to deal with it.
    Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• mattsk8
    replied

Originally posted by Sir Roundsound View Post
    Testing subwoofers in a place inhabited by other people could be a problem. As you know, bass is not stopped by walls, and will carry for quite some distance.
    Hadn't considered that. Would be really cool to hear some of the subs you guys have built, but I didn't think about the bass resonating in a hotel.

I haven't heard much from home audio as far as subs go. All I've heard are my Klipsch, and whatever the mainstream audio manufacturing world has to offer. Always wanted to hear Jinjuku's build using the Infinity sub... http://forums.audioholics.com/forums...nce-1260w.html

Leave a comment:

• PEB
    replied

Wolf,
    I wonder if you can approach the hotel about the back doors to the conference room. The closers don't work too well, and the blinds suffer abuse because of this. Going in and out of the doors is pretty much a 2-person task. Plus I always feel obligated to try to keep the noise down as much as possible.

It would also be better if we could unlock those doors during the event. Trying to keep them just blocked open was quite a hassle.

It is nice to use those rear doors, so that we can bring in stuff from our cars.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Originally posted by nrg74 View Post
    Is anybody representing SEOS? It may be interesting, especially in blind tests.
    We're not setting up blind testing this year.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

Working...
X