replied
    Re: InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....SCHEDULING ISSUE

Count me and Tyler in, Mike is still a maybe

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Originally posted by tyger23 View Post
    I'm certainly going to try. That's my anniversary weekend, so spousal approval is shaky at best. I'll let you know when I know ;).
    I'm really kinda upset I had to go that late in the year. I knew that DakotaDIY is soon after, and we're getting into summer more than I want to. It's nice to have a comfortable day where it's not too hot, and May may push the temperatures up quite a bit over normal. Still- it'll def be warmer than last year was!!!!

I'll have to set up the room rental in December the year before from now on so that doesn't happen again. Last year's was started in Dec, but I did it due to questions and interest for the event. Hey- I wasn't even the one who started the initial thread that year.

I'm really glad my wedding anniversary is on a Saturday this year, and that it's not the same weekend. I know it is for some people, so I hope that most can still attend.

I look forward to what you crank out this year, Tyger! Your Arias were apparently well received.
    Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• tyger23
    replied

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    You coming this year?
    Wolf
    I'm certainly going to try. That's my anniversary weekend, so spousal approval is shaky at best. I'll let you know when I know ;).

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Originally posted by tyger23 View Post
    Wolf - have we had any more "formalization" of the rules? As I see it, it looks like:

1. Drivers should cost under $350/pair. Crossover/cabinet/accessory costs not included.
    2. Parallel crossovers need not apply. Do something different. More points awarded for SXO uniqueness?
    3. Rectangles need not apply. Do something different.

Anything else?
    PXO's can still be used, but not the normal alignments seen.
    Please read:
    https://sites.google.com/site/indiyanaevent/home

If that is leaving it clear as mud, I can then answer Q's for you.
    You coming this year?
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• tyger23
    replied

Wolf - have we had any more "formalization" of the rules? As I see it, it looks like:

1. Drivers should cost under $350/pair. Crossover/cabinet/accessory costs not included.
    2. Parallel crossovers need not apply. Do something different. More points awarded for SXO uniqueness?
    3. Rectangles need not apply. Do something different.

Anything else?

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Originally posted by johngalt47 View Post
    Is this in Ft. Wayne?
    Hope you can make it, Ren!
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied

Originally posted by johngalt47 View Post
    Is this in Ft. Wayne?
    Yes it is John. Hotel venue:http://www.fortwayne.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Leave a comment:

• johngalt47
    replied

Is this in Ft. Wayne?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Originally posted by davepellegrene View Post
    Guess I got it made. Going last year on my wives birthday only cost me a Coach purse.

Dave
    A Coach purse is the cost of going to something like this. It, however, doesn't cover missing an Anniversary to attend something like this. ;)

Leave a comment:

• davepellegrene
    replied

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
    I talked to my wife, and at this time I think I am OK to make the event. But next year I may have to take her to Hawaii.
    Guess I got it made. Going last year on my wives birthday only cost me a Coach purse.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Re: InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....

Originally posted by cjd View Post
    I appreciate the offer - unless that design is a useful reference for what you might do at a given price point and you'd like to see more of it, I don't think it's fair to have you adjust your goals to accommodate a design I've already done. It looks like the price on the Anarchy is now $63 each, the tweeter $54.25, so $360.50?

I will have at least one other project by May, if not more - more for sure if I build one for this challenge. It's rare I don't have a crossover that does something slightly "unusual" any more anyway, so all of the designs may qualify (except on price.) I have to double check the dates though, so I am not even sure I'll be there yet.
    Truth be told, I thought about what entry I would have, and it looks like I would be at a lot higher that allowed as well, but I would wager $350 is more fair.
    My Cecropia would be about $500, and out of cost range. We'll leave it at $350 for a little wiggle room.

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Arin wants to come along with you!
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• cjd
    replied
    Re: InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    While it's early, what would the Ansonicas' cost for drivers be? If it's $50 up, I'm flexible this early to allow you to enter with them, we'll just move the expectant price point.
    Curious,
    Wolf
    I appreciate the offer - unless that design is a useful reference for what you might do at a given price point and you'd like to see more of it, I don't think it's fair to have you adjust your goals to accommodate a design I've already done. It looks like the price on the Anarchy is now $63 each, the tweeter $54.25, so $360.50?

I will have at least one other project by May, if not more - more for sure if I build one for this challenge. It's rare I don't have a crossover that does something slightly "unusual" any more anyway, so all of the designs may qualify (except on price.) I have to double check the dates though, so I am not even sure I'll be there yet.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
    That's my anniversary, so we'll see how it works out.
    I talked to my wife, and at this time I think I am OK to make the event. But next year I may have to take her to Hawaii.

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied

Huh, just when I thought I'd miss my 3rd, I can make this one.

I hope to get some clarification on x-o types. This will be a learning experience for me.

Is it unconventional filter types in either parallel or series?
    I assume any filter type in a series x-o is meeting the intent?
    Are you grading by electrical filter slopes or resulting acoustical slopes?
    How do you score cascaded parallel/ series in a 3-way?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X