X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marvin
    replied
    Re: InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....SCHEDULING ISSUE

We have a standing annual excursion to visit my son in CA the weekend after Memorial Day. :( I would have tried to make it on another date.

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    Dates secured! The official dates for InDIYana 2014 are May 30/31.

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Later,
    Wolf
    That's my anniversary, so we'll see how it works out.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Re: InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....

Originally posted by cjd View Post
    I think the Ansonica is priced out. Oh well. Y'all heard the series XO anyway. It even has an unconventional twist borrowed from CE filters.

I'm just not sure I need another project or I'd take this on for sure, assuming I can finally make the trek this year. Sounds like a fun project. Ahh, maybe I'll go for it anyway.
    While it's early, what would the Ansonicas' cost for drivers be? If it's $50 up, I'm flexible this early to allow you to enter with them, we'll just move the expectant price point.
    Curious,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• bark424
    replied

Is there room inside to park my car? It sounds good, only the cabinet is very large and has 4 wheels.

Leave a comment:

• bark424
    replied

Is there room inside to park my car? It sounds good, only the cabinet is very large and has 4 wheels.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Okay, barring someone else scheduling it in the last few hours, I have asked to reserve it for the 30/31st of May.
    This will be the latest InDIYana has been scheduled in the year, so I hope this is good for everyone.

I guess next year I need to schedule before January.
    Thank you all for the support in selecting a date.
    Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Paul K.
    replied

Either remaining weekend in May is fine with me.
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied

works for me.

Leave a comment:

• mattsk8
    replied

Well- 16/17 WAS open, someone reserved it out Wed night.

We have the last 2 weekends in May open now.

Which one you guys want? I'd like to do the 30/31 since my anniversary is the 24th.
    Is that okay with the masses?

Later,
    Wolf
    30/31 for me, I won't be able to do 24/25 because that's Memorial Day weekend and we usually go camping.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Well- 16/17 WAS open, someone reserved it out Wed night.

We have the last 2 weekends in May open now.

Which one you guys want? I'd like to do the 30/31 since my anniversary is the 24th.
    Is that okay with the masses?

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• mattsk8
    replied

So- getting a consensus that May is best, and Angie said there are none for March open.

So- I'll peg May 16/17 then! Dates confirmed!!
    I'll set them up,
    Wolf
    God willing, I'll be at this one!! Thanks Ben. I know from MI it would be difficult for me to help out, but if there's anything I can do to relieve some of your work load in this, let me know.

You can bring a project that does not fit in the theme criteria, and still get your speaker demoed, but it just won't be in the challenge sector.f
    I will (probably) bring 2 different pairs of basically the same speakers. Its the new design I've drug out way too long that I've been working w/ Meniscus on. One pair will have cabinets I built, and the other will use Dayton's prebuilt cabinets. I'm working on an MTM as well as an MT version using the HiVi L6-4R drivers (pretty sure at this point that isn't news to anyone :o).

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!!

Just out of curiosity (not to thread rob either), but while we're talking about spring plans... AXPONA this year?? Who plans on attending that??

Leave a comment:

• Paul K.
    replied

Again, I'm with Dan (and others) on this. This is your event and you can run it any darned way you choose!:p
    Paul

Originally posted by dlneubec View Post
    Agreed! Do your thing, Ben. I'm sure it is more than enough work putting on a 2 day event as it is.

Leave a comment:

• dlneubec
    replied

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
    Ben,
    Do things so they are fun, for you and everyone else. Don't push it, or wear yourself out. Everyone will be happy either way.
    Jeff
    Agreed! Do your thing, Ben. I'm sure it is more than enough work putting on a 2 day event as it is.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

We did that as you say last year, but it doesn't always have to be that way. SQ is always
    the priority, but looks do matter in the end.

InDIYana 2008 had a 'show of hands' vote, just as last year went, and was a head-to-head challenge setup.
    Last year was a Blind competition with stated parameters and limits, and I think it was well received. Fallout seemed to be minimal really without much post-buzz after the fact.

So- I just don't feel the stress of the setup is worthwhile for this year, and I'm going to take it a bit easier. Am I not allowed to make the event less stressful to run? This is something that the attendees may not grasp entirely if/until they host one for themselves, but these are indeed a LOT of work and time to make successful. It was a lot more work for the blind setup last year, and I just don't think I want to do that again this year.

Later,
    Wolf
    Ben,
    Do things so they are fun, for you and everyone else. Don't push it, or wear yourself out. Everyone will be happy either way.
    Jeff

Leave a comment:

Working...
X