• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike220
    replied
    Re: InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....

Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
    Feel free. I will be doing a new one for DDIY. All Aqua songs.
    A little "my oh my" and "lollipop" would be good. In a completely unrelated matter my dog's name is Soren, its not spelled with a "3" though. He isnt named after him but a year or so after i got him i saw a aqua video and remembered a member was named that!

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Originally posted by kenny_k View Post
    Might use your demo at DDIY. ;)
    Feel free. I will be doing a new one for DDIY. All Aqua songs.

Leave a comment:

• kenny_k
    replied

Might use your demo at DDIY. ;)

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

The house track is HERE

Ben will need to fill in the track listing. I didn't grab that at the show........

EDIT:

1) Sara Bareilles - 'Come Round Soon', from Live at the Variety Playhouse
    2) Gershwin - 'Rhapsody in Blue'
    3) Jim Keltner - 'Drum Improvisation' from Sheffield Lab Drum & Track Disc
    4) Sixpence None the Richer - 'Love, Salvation, The Fear of Death', from This Beautiful Mess
    5) Dan Seals - 'They Rage On' (Acoustic), from In a Quiet Room
    6) Martina McBride - 'Wrong Again' (Acoustic), from Playlist compliation
    7) Gerry Rafferty - 'Baker Street' (pitch-corrected European version), from City to City
    8) Muddy Waters - 'You Gonna need My Help', from Folk Singer
    9) Tiffany - 'These Arms of Mine' from Dreams Never Die
    10) KXM - 'Burn' from self-titled debut

My demo is HERE

My track listing:

1) Shadow (Acoustic Version) - Ottmar Liebert
    2) You Send Me - Sam Cooke
    3) Cold Shot - Stevie Ray
    4) Close To The Borderline - Billy Joel
    5) Say Something - Pentatonix (Cover)
    6) Royals* - Lorde

*Warning - Royals is a little woofer killer. You've been warned.

Enjoy
    Last edited by bkeane1259; 06-02-2014, 03:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kanemack
    replied

I will host the house track either later tonight or tomorrow. Watching the Blackhawks kick some a$$ right now. Feeling a little sleepy too. Lol. Good times.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh bryan. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• kenny_k
    replied

I will host the house track either later tonight or tomorrow. Watching the Blackhawks kick some a$$ right now. Feeling a little sleepy too. Lol. Good times.
    Don't fall asleep too soon Bryan, it's early. ;)
    Last edited by kenny_k; 06-01-2014, 11:00 PM. Reason: forgot an o and an on

Leave a comment:

• cjd
    replied

Feeling a little sleepy too.
    You don't say...

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wrxified
    replied

I wanted to give a quick shout out to Ben and all the others who assist in putting this event together. It was incredible to see all the outstanding work that everyone shared. I'm in serious trouble however now as I left with about a half dozen ideas of projects I'd like to start this year. You guys are truly artists in what you create.

I look forward to seeing you all in the future and hope to one day have a project of my own to share with everyone.

-Andrew (wrxified)

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Originally posted by Mike220 View Post
    Bagby's design with the Raal takes the cake imho! Although im a newb they stood out to me particularly with the drum track where the hats/cymbals came in. They just had a level of enhanced clarity i noticed. Im a still in full grasshopper mode (beginning stages of learning this hobby) so maybe someone else can chime in about them. So far i can parrot other peoples builds ok!

I had a wonderful time (my dad did as well). I will be looking to attend another. Thanks to Wolf for organizing the event. I got to meet alot of cool and talented people. It is nice putting a face to a username now!
    That's how I felt at the first one I went to, I was all "OMG THIS SOUNDS AWESOME" every time the music played. Given, they were all really great designs, but I just didn't know exactly what awesome was supposed to sound like, haha.

Leave a comment:

• Thumper Tom
    replied

Any chance the test track will be posted up?

Leave a comment:

• Mike220
    replied

Bagby's design with the Raal takes the cake imho! Although im a newb they stood out to me particularly with the drum track where the hats/cymbals came in. They just had a level of enhanced clarity i noticed. Im a still in full grasshopper mode (beginning stages of learning this hobby) so maybe someone else can chime in about them. So far i can parrot other peoples builds ok!

I had a wonderful time (my dad did as well). I will be looking to attend another. Thanks to Wolf for organizing the event. I got to meet alot of cool and talented people. It is nice putting a face to a username now!

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied

Congrats Jeff. Wish I could have been there to hear them.

Leave a comment:

• Neis
    replied

Originally posted by Mike220 View Post
    Is there an easy program to take out "snippets" of songs. Let's say I wanted to do 3 or 4 songs for the first minute or so for my personal demo tracks? Last time I edited something there was a static noise at every clip it wasn't nice having the "CLLLCCCKKK" in it!
    If you have a Mac (or access to one): GarageBand. It is included with all Macs. Or Logic Pro (which costs a fortune). Probably too late now.

Leave a comment:

• Cosmic Charlie
    replied

Looks like a lovely summer day down there. The beer never tastes better. Would like to make it there next year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X