Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....

    That's it. And lunch money
    https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....

      Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post
      That's it. And lunch money
      Where is everybody going to be staying? At WOLF'S HOUSE?
      Statement Monitors

      Duratex is your friend

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....

        Wolf posted this a little earlier, but it is worth repeating. This will contain all the pertinent info:https://sites.google.com/site/indiyanaevent/home

        We go to a steak house (forget the name, but dang its good!) and a Mexican place, Agave's on Sat. These are just where we most of us go, but its not like its required. Both places have great service, reasonable prices and are a quick walk. The hotel has a decent breakfast, but there is also an IHOP a couple miles away. If your lady gets bored or what not, there is a large mall close by as well as an outlet mall. Ben or others can fill in the exact names as they escape me at the moment.
        https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....

          Originally posted by Steven72555 View Post
          Where is everybody going to be staying? At WOLF'S HOUSE?
          My wife would kill me!

          The steak house is called Don Hall's- The Factory.
          Wolf
          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

          *InDIYana event website*

          Photobucket pages:
          https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

          My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....

            Ben, my cousin would like to join as well. Is that OK? So there will be 3 of us and I'll be bringing 2 designs that use the same drivers and crossovers, but one will be a cabinet built by me and one will be using Dayton's cabinets. I think it'll be good for someone that wants to build speakers, but doesn't want to invest the money in the power tools and time in the cabinets. Plus the cabinet dimensions will be available if someone wanted to build their own.

            Edit: Mainly just want to be sure you're good w/ my cousin coming.
            "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
            "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....

              Originally posted by mattsk8 View Post
              Ben, my cousin would like to join as well. Is that OK? So there will be 3 of us and I'll be bringing 2 designs that use the same drivers and crossovers, but one will be a cabinet built by me and one will be using Dayton's cabinets. I think it'll be good for someone that wants to build speakers, but doesn't want to invest the money in the power tools and time in the cabinets. Plus the cabinet dimensions will be available if someone wanted to build their own.

              Edit: Mainly just want to be sure you're good w/ my cousin coming.
              No prob, bring him along.
              Wolf
              "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
              "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
              "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
              "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

              *InDIYana event website*

              Photobucket pages:
              https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

              My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....

                Just for the record I intend to be there with a new pair of speakers that I hope will cater to Wolf's visual tastes and sound really good, too!
                Paul

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....

                  Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
                  Just for the record I intend to be there with a new pair of speakers that I hope will cater to Wolf's visual tastes and sound really good, too!
                  Paul
                  I look forward to seeing you again Paul!! Just FYI, the ER18s are still the 'bench mark' any time I listen to speakers. I'm so thoroughly happy w/ those, I even considered sending you a PM to thank you for that design today, but this is better .
                  "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
                  "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....

                    I appreciate your thanks and look forward to chatting with you.
                    Paul

                    Originally posted by mattsk8 View Post
                    I look forward to seeing you again Paul!! Just FYI, the ER18s are still the 'bench mark' any time I listen to speakers. I'm so thoroughly happy w/ those, I even considered sending you a PM to thank you for that design today, but this is better .

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....

                      Doubt that I'll be bringing any family members, but I do hope to have completed Jim Griffin's MLTL version of Jeff B's Docere and this time I will make sure they are properly packaged/protected for transport so I don't ding them up like I did to my Trym MLTLs. Never got around to fixing those either
                      Bryan K.

                      Midwest Audio Club

                      Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....

                        Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
                        Doubt that I'll be bringing any family members, but I do hope to have completed Jim Griffin's MLTL version of Jeff B's Docere and this time I will make sure they are properly packaged/protected for transport so I don't ding them up like I did to my Trym MLTLs. Never got around to fixing those either
                        I have a few dings in my ER18s from hauling them around as well. Guess its the price we pay . On the bright side, we don't need to search very far to figure out how to match the finish for repairs :p
                        "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
                        "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....

                          *Double post*
                          "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
                          "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....

                            Well Ben, just playing around, I came up with a very rare perfectly-balanced series crossover for a pair of really nice drivers that I have never published a kit for yet, but everyone would love.

                            I developed a kit for these drivers for an online audio magazine a while back using a standard parallel crossover with LR4 slopes, but then they changed their mind and wanted a three-way, so I dropped the project and never posted the design anywhere. I guess now I need to build this speaker with the series crossover and see if it sounds as good as it models. If it does I may have to bring it for your little show. I might even build the parallel crossover for it too, which is quite different and see how they compare.

                            I even created a series crossover for the Satori - RAAL MTM. I am able to do things with the RAAL 70-20XR that you can't do with any other ribbons, which is really cool. Unfortunately, that combo would be out of your price range. Too bad, I think it might be a killer speaker.

                            Jeff
                            Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....

                              Here I am struggling to find inspiration for something i want to build for the competition and Jeff already has something.
                              diVine Audio

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....

                                I won't be there this year. I've decided to spend my InDIYana budget on a new laptop, and take a big vacation next year to drive out with the wife and the speakers I'm building for my brother-in-law. Everybody have fun, looking forward to the live feed and the post show photos.


                                Mark
                                You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

                                ~Pink Floyd

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X