X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nrg74
    replied
    Re: InDIYana 2014 Prelim Thread....

Wolf, count me in for Saturday, day trip from SE MI with my wife. I am sure she can find her own entertainment in Ft. Wayne that day.

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Yes, Audacity - http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Originally posted by Mike220 View Post
    Is there an easy program to take out "snippets" of songs. Let's say I wanted to do 3 or 4 songs for the first minute or so for my personal demo tracks? Last time I edited something there was a static noise at every clip it wasn't nice having the "CLLLCCCKKK" in it!

Leave a comment:

• Mike220
    replied

Is there an easy program to take out "snippets" of songs. Let's say I wanted to do 3 or 4 songs for the first minute or so for my personal demo tracks? Last time I edited something there was a static noise at every clip it wasn't nice having the "CLLLCCCKKK" in it!

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Congrats Tom!! Wow...grandpa.

Leave a comment:

• mattsk8
    replied

Now weather says 80 degrees and 0% chance of rain for Friday and Saturday in Ft Wayne :D. Hope it stays that way!! If it does, my son (and my speakers) will be happy!!

Leave a comment:

• Paul K.
    replied

Congratulations, Tom, but I'll sure miss hearing what you had planned to bring because it's been quite a while since you've brought speakers to at an event I've attended (you can always still enter the MWAF, you know).
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• craigk
    replied

Originally posted by tombond View Post
    Hey Wolf, you can take me off the attendee's list, seems like something always comes up no matter how I plan. Anyway it's a happy reason this year! I'm a new grandpa and it's my first so I'm sticking around to hang out with my daughter and her husband and give some assistance. Hope to make it next year!
    I can not think of a better reason to miss. hope everyone is doing well.

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied

Originally posted by tombond View Post
    Hey Wolf, you can take me off the attendee's list, seems like something always comes up no matter how I plan. Anyway it's a happy reason this year! I'm a new grandpa and it's my first so I'm sticking around to hang out with my daughter and her husband and give some assistance. Hope to make it next year!
    Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• tombond
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Originally posted by duanebro View Post
    Yes he did, And many people put their TT screen name on along with their actual name.
    Yep- I usually do have them for the event, it just takes people wearing one. Not everyone does.
    Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• pknaz
    replied

TT Screen names along with real names is awesome, even if you only put your TT screen name on the tag, that is a HUGE help to those of us who are relatively "new" around here

I remember most people's faces, but for the life of me, I am terrible at remembering names.

Leave a comment:

• duanebro
    replied

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
    Jeff, I have the same problem and want you to know it's only going to get worse as you age!:eek: That said, unless my memory is bonkers, which is definitely possible, I seem to remember Wolf usually having stick-on name tags available for each person to annotate and wear.
    Paul
    Yes he did, And many people put their TT screen name on along with their actual name.

Leave a comment:

• Paul K.
    replied

Jeff, I have the same problem and want you to know it's only going to get worse as you age!:eek: That said, unless my memory is bonkers, which is definitely possible, I seem to remember Wolf usually having stick-on name tags available for each person to annotate and wear.
    Paul

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
    I understand what you mean. For the Seminar I did last December I printed stick-on name tags for everyone who registered by sending me a note in advance. This covered all but a couple of people. I really wanted to avoid the situation where I didn't know who I was talking to or who was asking me a question during the seminar. This worked out great for me.

A lot of times at these events I recognize faces and engage in conversations, but since it's been a year I may not recall the person's name. I go ahead and ask and try not to appear too embarrassed. It seems everyone knows who I am, which is nice, but I often feel a bit at a disadvantage. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Originally posted by PEB View Post
    Wolf,
    Here is an idea I really would like to see implemented.

Could we please have stick-on name labels this year? I wear a Bamberg polo every year, so it is easy for others to know who I am, but I feel awfully clueless as to whom I am talking to at the event. And it always appears to me that most of the guys recognize and know each other. Which makes me really feel clueless.

What has worked well at other events is to show both the person's name, and their screen name.

Wolf, I know you have plenty to do, so I volunteer to handle this for you. I just need to have real names to attach to the screen names.
    I understand what you mean. For the Seminar I did last December I printed stick-on name tags for everyone who registered by sending me a note in advance. This covered all but a couple of people. I really wanted to avoid the situation where I didn't know who I was talking to or who was asking me a question during the seminar. This worked out great for me.

A lot of times at these events I recognize faces and engage in conversations, but since it's been a year I may not recall the person's name. I go ahead and ask and try not to appear too embarrassed. It seems everyone knows who I am, which is nice, but I often feel a bit at a disadvantage. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Leave a comment:

• PEB
    replied

Wolf,
    Here is an idea I really would like to see implemented.

Could we please have stick-on name labels this year? I wear a Bamberg polo every year, so it is easy for others to know who I am, but I feel awfully clueless as to whom I am talking to at the event. And it always appears to me that most of the guys recognize and know each other. Which makes me really feel clueless.

What has worked well at other events is to show both the person's name, and their screen name.

Wolf, I know you have plenty to do, so I volunteer to handle this for you. I just need to have real names to attach to the screen names.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X