John's NaO Note II RS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John's NaO Note II RS

Hi John, I was looking up a paper at your site and saw the details of your Note II RS. What caught my interest is the option with the Peerless 10" woofers. The T/S params aren't the same as mine, but the Qts is close. You may recall that I bought my four (buyouts) after you expressed interest in them for use in a dipole. I'm glad I did that, I paid $15 apiece for mine. :D

I'm thinking of going to the miniDSP at some point as well. It will be interesting to hear your new ones. I'm sure I'll have DIY NE again this fall.

For those not familiear, details are here.

dlr
    WinPCD - Windows .NET Passive Crossover Designer

Dave's Speaker Pages

Re: John's NaO Note II RS

Hi Dave,

The PE woofers are close enough to the SLS woofers that no change in eq is required. And the listener can always modify the bass eq to taste, within reason. But I'm running the XLs set up anyway. Don't know if I will be attending any more DIYs or not. In any event I may not be able to bring the Notes even if I do because the new cabinets arte not modular and my not fit in my vehicle.
    John k.... Music and Design NaO dsp Dipole Loudspeakers.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk... View Post
      Hi Dave,

The PE woofers are close enough to the SLS woofers that no change in eq is required. And the listener can always modify the bass eq to taste, within reason. But I'm running the XLs set up anyway. Don't know if I will be attending any more DIYs or not. In any event I may not be able to bring the Notes even if I do because the new cabinets arte not modular and my not fit in my vehicle.
      Trade in the Ferrari. ;)

dlr

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

Originally posted by dlr View Post
        Trade in the Ferrari. ;)

dlr
        I'll trade a Jeep Commander. Put the seats down and it will all kinds of speakers. It will drive through those nasty New England winters too.:D
        Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

Which one? I bough a 2nd one last spring. Click image for larger version

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	1155142

Comment

Which one? I bough a 2nd one last spring. [ATTACH=CONFIG]43889[/ATTACH]
            Is that a California?

Comment

I wish. It's 1995 F355 spider. Like new condition.

Comment

Now you are obligated to come to DIY NE this fall! We'll leave the side driveway area open to park it. Then everyone can gawk at it as they bring their speakers into the house.

dlr

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

OK. It's really hard to date some models since styling remained very stable for quite a few years. I noticed the front engine and convertible top and went from there. It looks fantastic, I might add. I know a guy who has a 1992 348TS that I would love to have. It looks brand new in every way. Even the engine looks like it just came from the factory.

Comment

Nope- the F355 is a mid-engine model, Jeff. V8. The 348 is the previous model number of the F355; same basic layout and such.
                    There's a guy around here with a yellow one.

Later,
                    Wolf
                    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                    https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Yup, sure has a long hood for a mid engine car tho, right? But yes the F355 is of the lineage of the Magnum PI car and stops now with the 458, it's their mid engine 2 seater performance line. 203, 348, then after the 355 the 360, F430 and 458.

Cheaper than the GT cars and quicker around the track. Probably not as comfortable tho, but if I had Ferrari money those would be my choice.

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                      Nope- the F355 is a mid-engine model, Jeff. V8. The 348 is the previous model number of the F355; same basic layout and such.
                      There's a guy around here with a yellow one.

Later,
                      Wolf

Comment

Originally posted by evilskillit View Post
                        Yup, sure has a long hood for a mid engine car tho, right? But yes the F355 is of the lineage of the Magnum PI car and stops now with the 458, it's their mid engine 2 seater performance line. 203, 348, then after the 355 the 360, F430 and 458.

Cheaper than the GT cars and quicker around the track. Probably not as comfortable tho, but if I had Ferrari money those would be my choice.
                        Selleck drove a 308 'Boxer' in the show.
                        Wolf
                        "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                        "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                        "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                        https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by evilskillit View Post
                          Yup, sure has a long hood for a mid engine car tho, right?
                          Just the angle of the picture. In person the 355/360 look mid-engined.

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                          Selleck drove a 308 'Boxer' in the show.
                          Wolf
                          308 was a V8, not a boxer. The 512BB and Testarossa/512TR were boxers.
                          --
                          "Based on my library and laboratory research, I have concluded, as have others, that the best measures of speaker quality are frequency response and dispersion pattern. I have not found any credible research showing that most of the differences we hear among loudspeakers cannot be explained by examining these two variables." -Alvin Foster, 22 BAS Speaker 2 (May, 1999)

Comment

Yeah the 308 on the show was a GTS...and like Jay said, a V-8 not a boxer. No Ferrari Berlinetta Boxer (the 512BB) was officially sold in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by Pallas View Post
                              Just the angle of the picture. In person the 355/360 look mid-engined.

308 was a V8, not a boxer. The 512BB and Testarossa/512TR were boxers.
                              Right, it was the original angle of the car in the shot that through me off; it made it look front engine. Once John told us what number it was I knew what car I was looking at. And you're right, the 512 and Testarossa had boxer motors. FWIW, "Testarossa" is one of the nick-names I have for my wife. She fits the description perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                              X