2.1 Minions III/Voxel System Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2.1 Minions III/Voxel System Build

Those are awesome looking!!! Ive done a couple versions of minions now and really enjoy them... I think I'm gonna do a cigar box version next and it looks like I need to do a voxel...

Again great looking build

Comment

Comment

BTW.... Has anyone tried the Minions III and Voxel in one unit as a 2.1 boombox? The Voxel require a 7L ported enclosure and the Minions about 1L sealed each. So, for something about the size and shape of the Sprite, you could get a proper 2.1 boombox.

Comment

As blackie pointed out, that would have given a horrendous tuning situation. So far off the orig. design that I wouldn't even consider it a Voxel.

Comment

Originally posted by bsl100 View Post
            BTW.... Has anyone tried the Minions III and Voxel in one unit as a 2.1 boombox? The Voxel require a 7L ported enclosure and the Minions about 1L sealed each. So, for something about the size and shape of the Sprite, you could get a proper 2.1 boombox.
            Given the Minions 8 ohm impedance, their sensitivity and max power handling, that combo would make a a nice table radio. But it would fall short of the "Boom" in boombox.

Comment

Actually, I was exactly looking for something like that...a higher than Sonos quality table radio that looks nice.
              I'm getting a bit too old to want massive booms and explosions

Comment

You mean something like this?
                DIY audio projects by Paul Carmody (Undefinition)

Comment

Working...
                X