Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djg
    replied
    Thanks for the time and effort. I started a thread in the project sub forum. I'm using a 2.1 bluetooth chipamp with a ported box. Amp just arrived. I think the simplicity of one 2.1 amp on the desk is the appropriate setup for the recipient of this gift.

Leave a comment:

• BOBinGA
    replied
    In keeping with the theme of using pre cut Denovo boxes, you could use the 0.67 cu. ft. box 300-7068 and a 2" PVC vent that is 14" long. (An elbow will be needed). This tunes it to just over 30 Hz. The Yung 100 watt amp with no boost would work great since it has a built in 25 Hz high pass filter to protect the woofer a bit and provide all the power the woofer is built for.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    I did read the info on the boost. I may go with a bigger vented box.

Leave a comment:

• BOBinGA
    replied
    The bass boost in the MCA amp was how I was able to use the TB subwoofer in a closed box. If you switch amps, you will need +6db at 40 hz (45 will also work) if you want the same response.

I am looking forward to your build thread. Pink will be different for sure.

Leave a comment:

• BOBinGA
    replied
    The bass boost in the MCA amp was how I was able to use the TB subwoofer in a closed box. If you switch amps, you will need +6 at 40 hz (45 will also work) if you want the same response.

Leave a comment:

• jd12
    commented on 's reply
    all 12.. LOL

• djg
    replied
    I just ordered the parts yesterday. It will be a while before I start.

I found some odd "Hello Kitty" stickers on the web.

Leave a comment:

• BOBinGA
    replied
    Huh? What did I miss? Is there a deleted post in there?

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    People are just sick.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hello kitty killer.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	1450057

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    So, my next project is a gift to a young family friend, an adaptation of this system. Pink "Hello Kitty" theme. Hey, I just make them.

The satellites will be stock, the sub will be a 9" cube passive. The power will be a Nobsound bluetooth 2.1 chip amp. I have two of the old Dayton MCA 2.1 plate amps, but they aren't sold anymore, giving someone a custom gift with an old obsolete used amp seemed tacky. Besides, I used the MCA amp for years in my 2.1 PC system, I think a desktop location for the controls beats reaching down to adjust. And, I would need a bluetooth receiver add on.

All 12 edges of all three boxes will be radiused for a soft feminine look. Should please our new friend tvrgeek.

Probably little stands to lean the satellites back a bit and lift them off the desk. Pink sub or no? Further consultation to decide.

I'll do a build thread.

Leave a comment:

• BOBinGA
    replied
    Sorry, but I never posted it. I will try to get to it sometime this week.

Leave a comment:

• Kootskid
    replied
    Hi Bob,
    Would you be able to post the build of your mtm center channel you use with the peds. Thanks for the help.

Myles

Leave a comment:

• BOBinGA
    replied
    I cannot say how it handles over driving. I have never driven it to shutdown. I have only played it comfortably loud.
    -Bob

Leave a comment:

• Scarface1
    replied
    Hi Bob, the nd-105 don't like a enclosure under 2 liter( as you say).Lets say the nd-91 do it a bit better and a little bit smaller.

the nd-105 in 2 liter(green) and the nd-91 in 1.5 liter(red)
    ​​​​​​
    I have a little bump at 100 hz to compensate the cross over roll of that is build in de dayton amp. If I use the nd-91 I really like to built the heliums.

also is the dayton amp a bit " user friendly " , so easy to work with. Like over protection if I set it to loud.

thanks

Leave a comment:

• BOBinGA
    replied
    The ND105s should work well with that amp and it's crossover. I considered their little brother ND90 for my build, but in the end, the DS90 was a better fit for the tiny Denovo cabinets. The ND105s will require a slightly larger box, but that's easy enough to do.
    -Bob

Leave a comment:

Working...
X