FUSION-4 QUAD4 build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FUSION-4 QUAD4 build thread

after much back and forth on a kit to build, I'm going with the FUSION-4 QUAD4. I have built several tri trix and trust the work of Curt. I already have 3 subs, so I don't count on my mains for the low, low end. I had read that there may be a center channel design to accompany the FUSION-4 QUAD4 down the road. I will attach a rendering of what I plan on doing. I am going to add some height and have the waveguide at ear level. I have always wanted to incorporate a way to put the crossover on display,,which is what the angled board within the lower part of the enclosure is for,,probably use a Plexiglas pane on the front to prevent dust to the crossover. Anyway,,that is my basic plan as of now. Just ordered the kits from diysoundgroup. I haven't seen the crossover diagram yet, hopefully it arrives with the kit. I did read that the design shows 1/2" for the walls and 3/4" for the baffle. I would prefer using all 3/4", so I'll have to figure a slight depth adjustment to make up for the difference.
    Attached Files

Re: FUSION-4 QUAD4 build thread

should be pretty sexy. You will some outriggers I think.
    " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
    Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
    http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

yeah,,gonna need to staable it up a bit,,may try sand, sealed in that bottom cavity along with a base plate,,hoping to keep the footprint as small as possible

Comment

Good hunting! ...waiting for my two kits to arrive, need to have the baffle in-hand to finalize what I have in mind.

Ed Henderson

Comment

wonder what the wait time will be for shipping. I have built a few kits from DIY sound group,,2 tempest 12's and an alchemy 8,,very nice stuff,,baffle was flawless

Comment

Don't know, but I'm anticipating ~10-ish days based on a pair of Anarchy tapped-horn flat-packs received a couple of weeks ago.

Which were also flawlessly done (and packed).

Ed Henderson

Comment

Mr ejh,,could you let me know what type of documentation is included when you get your kit? Hoping to see a more detailed enclosure plan.

Comment

Can do

Ed

Ed Henderson

Comment

Rockiron,

FedEx just dropped off the box from Erich a few minutes ago; I think you're going to be very pleased (I was, anyway!) with the packing, and the quality of the CNC work on the baffle.

The crossover design is proprietary IP, so let's respect that here.

Didn't get anything on the enclosure internals (bracing, stuffing, et cetera) included in the package, so I've dropped a quick note to Erich (and a PM to Curt) asking for a bit of guidance... and I'm sure they'll bail me out, well before I actually need it ;)

So far, color me intrigued and very optimistic.

Ed

Ed Henderson

Comment

sweet, thanks for the update. Stuffing and internals is what will be good info,,if it is just one enclosure or separated top and bottom. I have a bunch of dowel rod scraps that I'll use for bracing,,please post pics of your build!

Comment

Those are new kits, so I still need to get a cabinet drawing posted. They use 1/2" material, but the baffle is 3/4". I had 3 window braces inside the test cabinet. One directly in the middle, and then one between each of the 2 woofers.

Comment

Acknowledged- and thank you! ...did you stuff with mattress topper, or [other filler] to calm things down inside?

Ed Henderson

Comment

I just put in an order for 2 of these Thursday. Keep us posted on the dimensions / drawing if you receive one. Did the xover schematic come in the package? If we get the package next week we should have them close to finished by the weekend.
                          My Build Thread's
                          Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

Comment

just to let erich know, if mike was to get his hands on the parts this week, we will build the [email protected]#t out of these next weekend. along with a digger 8 sub. then i would make a nice build log on sunday. just saying. no pressure or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike220 View Post
                              Did the xover schematic come in the package?
                              Yep, all good there- and Erich has updated his web page with details on internal bracing.

Ed Henderson

Comment

Working...
                              X