Alpair 10P 2 way project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpair 10P 2 way project.

I've just bought 2 pairs of Alpair 10P's to make 2 sets of speakers - decided to go for a mid sized 2 way floor stander design.
    The plan is to use the Alpairs in an open baffle down to 300-350hz or so, and side mount two 6.5" woofers per cab, kind of like the Kef Blade (also 350hz x/o)- altho the woofers will be close to the floor, more similar perhaps to something like Rockport.

I want to use a 1st order on the Alpair and 2nd on the side firing woofers, which will probably be Scanspeak 8535-01 in parallel. The cabinet baffle will lean back around 9 degrees for time alignment

what do you think…? will there be an issue using the alpairs in an open baffle down to 300hz with just a first order roll off? will there be issues with driver integration? I'm willing to take the risk etc

Re: Alpair 10P 2 way project.

If you look at at post #3 the thread I linked below, you can read what Mark Fenlon (Mark of MarkAudio) has to say about a 10P in an open baffle. Seems like it should do well.
    Mike

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/marka...driver-ob.html
    "We're speaker geeks, not speaker nerds. Nerds make money!" Marty H
    Bismarck, North Dakota
    My Current System: HiFiMe DIY T3 Amp, Kenwood Basic C1 Preamp, and Paul Carmody Sunflowers
    My Garage System TPS3116D2 Amp, DIY PS 95 Speakers, DC 130 Sub

Comment

Re: Alpair 10P 2 way project.

Thanks Mike! I'm concerned about the x/o point more than anything- what is too high for the side firing woofers, what is too low for the OB alpairs etc.

The 10P's have a quite high 50 ohm spike at Fs, which starts to rise south of 200hz.
      With a first order at 300-350hz, I hope I can get away with it

Comment

Working...
      X