Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Deltalite II 2512- TB75 1558-AudaxTW25A8 Combo Waveguide

Originally posted by dlneubec View Post
    Yes, I thought they were very well voiced, with some of the best midrange clarity I heard all day. They just sound low distortion. If they had been lowered to 9" -12" stands the lower bass probably would have filled in nicely. I'm really interested in trying that midrange after hearing your speaker. Jeff and I were talking about how well they might work in a 3way to pair with the RAAL's I won, using the AE TD12H as the woofer. My BaSSlines are gathering dust in storage and I might pull the woofers for a new 3-way.

I agree with Jeff as well and would recommend the TD12H if you are going to buy new.

Have you done any waveguide work with the RAAL 70-10?
    Thanks for the feed back Dan.

I have worked with the 140-15D and worked up a pretty nice guide. The 70-10 is real close to the size of the AST2560 so I'm sure I could come up with a nice set up for it. I'll be working on a combo guide for the AST2560 and the TB 75 soon. It should be pretty easy to slip the 70-10 into the combo if your interested in something like that.

Dave
    http://www.pellegreneacoustics.com/

Trench Seam Method for MDF
    https://picasaweb.google.com/101632266659473725850

Comment

Originally posted by davepellegrene View Post
      Thanks for the feed back Dan.

I have worked with the 140-15D and worked up a pretty nice guide. The 70-10 is real close to the size of the AST2560 so I'm sure I could come up with a nice set up for it. I'll be working on a combo guide for the AST2560 and the TB 75 soon. It should be pretty easy to slip the 70-10 into the combo if your interested in something like that.

Dave
      Yeah, I might be. I haven't had much time to consider what to use with the RAAL and perhaps the TD12H, but a BG neo10 is also a strong possibility. I know I can take the neo10 down to as low as 300hz, if I want to. Even then I may want to test a waveguide. I do have the guides you did for me for the AST2560 I sent you, but that was before you discovered the difference in response with the back felt piece taken off. I'm not sure if that discovery changed how you are doing those guides. but it might be worth testing those guides, since i already have them.

I'll be interested in seeing your results with the TB 75 and AST2560 combo, when you have them ready.

I'll contact you directly, off forum.
      Dan N.

Comment

Originally posted by dlneubec View Post
        Yeah, I might be. I haven't had much time to consider what to use with the RAAL and perhaps the TD12H, but a BG neo10 is also a strong possibility. I know I can take the neo10 down to as low as 300hz, if I want to. Even then I may want to test a waveguide. I do have the guides you did for me for the AST2560 I sent you, but that was before you discovered the difference in response with the back felt piece taken off. I'm not sure if that discovery changed how you are doing those guides. but it might be worth testing those guides, since i already have them.

I'll be interested in seeing your results with the TB 75 and AST2560 combo, when you have them ready.

I'll contact you directly, off forum.
        Honestly I do not remember what the guides look like I sent you for the AST2560. I do know I cleaned up the throat since the ones I made for the dipole setup I brought to InDIYana last year. I now also have a rectangular guide for the 2560 if for nothing a different look. I'd have to look back at my measurements to see if there was an improvement over the elliptical guide. It should go deeper since the rectangular guide is 12x8.

Just shoot me an email when your ready.

Dave
        http://www.pellegreneacoustics.com/

Trench Seam Method for MDF
        https://picasaweb.google.com/101632266659473725850

Comment

Working...
        X