Dotd, rs100p-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dotd, rs100p-8

I'm looking to get two of the RS100P-8 to build a set of small bookshelf / desk / something speakers. Any advice on what tweeter? Has anyone played with them and made a crossover yet? Let me know!

-AdamG

Re: Dotd, rs100p-8

Crap, didn't see there was already a thread on this. Oh well. Question still stands.

Comment

They should easily cross to anything (can the FR plot REALLY be that smooth?). Dayton Neo, small or normal Vifa, even the -070 Silky.

Comment

Well, I've given it some thought, and since I eventually want to build a pair of RS180 MTM by Jeff B or a similar reincarnation with the Paper woofer, I'm going to pick up the RS28F-4, which is somewhat silly being almost the cost of 2 of these woofers, but I'm spreading the cost out for the future project.

Should work out pretty nice once it's done.

Comment

I used the Dayton ND16FA with the aluminum version.
          -Kerry

Comment

The thing about these (new) paper RS drivers, is that the bottom end extension just does NOT seem to be there. Personally, I would not be happy with the paper vers. of an RS180 MTM (even vented, I'm afraid) unless I knew I'd be running them with a sub (probably even just for music). These RS-P drivers DO look pretty good for a dedicated mid though (at least the published FR on this 4" looks wonderful, the 5" looks a bit wonky however).

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
              The thing about these (new) paper RS drivers, is that the bottom end extension just does NOT seem to be there. Personally, I would not be happy with the paper vers. of an RS180 MTM (even vented, I'm afraid) unless I knew I'd be running them with a sub (probably even just for music). These RS-P drivers DO look pretty good for a dedicated mid though (at least the published FR on this 4" looks wonderful, the 5" looks a bit wonky however).
              I'm good in the subwoofer department, the MTM would be paired to a 10" titanic on each side, as well as an additional 15" titanic that I use for movies etc. I'd be replacing the $5 buyout 6.5" woofers with the rs180 in a build I have already done. The low end isn't an issue for me, I just want low distortion and flat response from 100-20k, which they should be able to provide.

For now though, this build will hopefully be going in my bedroom, where low end response isn't mission critical for me.

I saw the lackluster low end on them, but figure it's worth the sacrifice for ease of implementation for crossover and just how smooth the FR is.

Comment

They should easily cross to anything (can the FR plot REALLY be that smooth?)
                The smoothness of our measured response for the RS100P-4 was confirmed independently by another member on the board. Have fun.
                Best Regards,

Rory Buszka
                Product Manager, Dayton Audio

The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                  The smoothness of our measured response for the RS100P-4 was confirmed independently by another member on the board. Have fun.
                  :applause: I'm very excited.

Comment

Working...
                  X