• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soren
    replied
    Re: SB Acoustics 2-way + subwoofer(s) for music only

Originally posted by donradick View Post
    All of your thoughts and wishes seem to point to a need for clean, clear volume in the fairly large room.

I believe you - a single 4 inch mid-woofer per side just won't get you there.
    Here is a top design, reasonably priced, that will handle most anything, and is voiced for on-wall or in-wall placement.
    Add a couple of 12 inch subs, and you should be close to full orchestral dynamics.

http://www.divine-audio.com/in-khan-neatos/

Leave a comment:

• joeybutts
    replied

All of your thoughts and wishes seem to point to a need for clean, clear volume in the fairly large room.

Here is a top design, reasonably priced, that will handle most anything, and is voiced for on-wall or in-wall placement.
    Add a couple of 12 inch subs, and you should be close to full orchestral dynamics.

Excellent rec.....

Leave a comment:

• donradick
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Soren
    replied

Originally posted by devinkato View Post
    Check out the Sopranos. They do VERY well with less than optimal positioning. If you're coupling them with subs, they'll get more than loud enough. I have a pair of mine in my bedroom with a measly 6.5" sub and I'm completely happy. 1 sub for each side would really crush some skulls.

Leave a comment:

• devinkato
    replied

Check out the Sopranos. They do VERY well with less than optimal positioning. If you're coupling them with subs, they'll get more than loud enough. I have a pair of mine in my bedroom with a measly 6.5" sub and I'm completely happy. 1 sub for each side would really crush some skulls.

Leave a comment:

• Soren
    replied

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
    Don is correct. My Mandolins were designed as free-standing speakers and bookshelf placement would likely result in a tonal balance with a heavy upper bass / lower midrange. My Continuum, on the other hand, would work well in this position. There aren't many kits out there that are designed for bookshelf / desktop applications that aren't pretty small at the same time. I could probably adjust one of my existing designs for this though.
    http://www.falconacoustics.co.uk/ls3...plete-kit.html

Otherwise I would be very happy if you would help me adjust the crossover design of either the Piccolo or Mandolin design for bookshelf placement. SB Acoustics drivers are readily available in Denmark (I believe the company is in fact partly Danish).

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

If you are using subs, you can make the 2 ways sealed.
    The biggest problem is that placement in the bookshelves will require a speaker that is
    designed for on-wall or in-wall mounting. If you try to use a "regular" speaker in that
    position, you will have "bloated" or "tubby" mid bass due to Baffle Step Compensation.
    Don is correct. My Mandolins were designed as free-standing speakers and bookshelf placement would likely result in a tonal balance with a heavy upper bass / lower midrange. My Continuum, on the other hand, would work well in this position. There aren't many kits out there that are designed for bookshelf / desktop applications that aren't pretty small at the same time. I could probably adjust one of my existing designs for this though.

Leave a comment:

• donradick
    replied

If you are using subs, you can make the 2 ways sealed.
    The biggest problem is that placement in the bookshelves will require a speaker that is
    designed for on-wall or in-wall mounting. If you try to use a "regular" speaker in that
    position, you will have "bloated" or "tubby" mid bass due to Baffle Step Compensation.

Leave a comment:

• Soren
    started a topic SB Acoustics 2-way + subwoofer(s) for music only

SB Acoustics 2-way + subwoofer(s) for music only

Comments or suggestions are more than welcome!

Thanks,
    Soren
Working...
X