PE Customer Service Never Ceases To Amaze Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PE Customer Service Never Ceases To Amaze Me

PE Customer Service is everything great I remember about USA business from decades ago but is all but long-gone in most of our businesses these days. Honestly, in today's lousy business world PE pushes back with absolute excellence.

I ordered a $400 Behringer iNuke 6000DSP on the 12th. Then PE started their spring sale a few days ago. Today, I called to ask if anything can be done to get that discount. They said I could get a $25 refund or I could order another $100 and get a $50 discount. I opted for the latter and ordered a nice set of outdoor speakers at (effectively) nearly half price. I was a few pennies short on my PayPal debit card so the agent discounted my order another $10 so the payment would go through.

PE has always bent over backwards for their customers. I just don't have enough kind/positive words to give them enough kudos. I really am amazed at their true dedication to Customer Service. Honestly. the contrast between PE's excellence vs. most other American companies these days... is flabbergasting.
    "We are just statistics, born to consume resources."
    ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

Re: PE Customer Service Never Ceases To Amaze Me

I have to agree! I ordered a pair of .75 & 1.0 cf MTM BREX baffles a while back that we're pretty well smashed up during shipping. They were shipped in too small a box with no bubble wrap etc. to protect the from dings and drops. After a couple phone calls and pic's, I had a brand new set of each shipped that day. They were properly packaged and arrived in perfect shape. Well done to PE Customer Service, very happy...Thank You

Comment

It's true for me as well.

Several years ago there was a discussion about a fairly common problem with a certain amp and I mentioned on this forum that I had experienced it as well. Well, a day or two later I received a PM from PE basically reaching out to me and asking me if I would send it back to get it fixed up and returned to me. I did, and that one got beat up somehow before I got it, and they ended up taking that one back, and sending me a brand new unit; all at no cost to me.

It seems that they really understand us DIY/hobby/speaker builder type of folks as well. How many times have we suggested a product and months later, it appears in the new sales flyer. I know they are a business and they need to be profitable, but they seem to be very open to our suggestions and desires, from tweaking the website to being generous with product returns and product give-aways to door prizes and feeding us at the Tent sale, and marking down stuff to ridiculous prices and even just the task of putting on the MWAF each year, which looks to be pretty monumental, and it always very well thought out and executed.

Yep, PE is a pretty good company and they deserve the success they have achieved; hope they stick around for many, many years.
      Zarbo Audio Projects Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEZ...aFQSTl6NdOwgxQ * 320-641 Amp Review Youtube: https://youtu.be/ugjfcI5p6m0 *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
      *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF

Comment

Agreed. A couple months ago I received a defective usb car charger. One email later and they sent out a new one , which I received the next day. Seriously...that's crazy service for a <$5 part. It seems like their CS staff isn't restrained by protocols and regulations as much as many other companies, and they excel at their jobs because of it.

Comment

The "boss" did right by me re: an SA240 that failed about 6 mos. out of warranty.
          He said PE was "just trying to make the world a better place". (Brought a tear to my eye.)

I'm IN !

Chris
          Last edited by Chris Roemer; 03-27-2014, 04:18 PM.

Comment

It starts at the top. Jeff Stalh Insists that customers have no reason to talk bad about the company. I think his philosophy is "make it right", and they do.
            " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
            Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
            http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

I couldn't agree more, all of my experiences with PE have been fantastic, I will definitely be a repeat customer.

Comment

What is with all this shipping talk? I usually just get and my car and drive 7 minutes to pick it up! :p

Comment

Originally posted by Saltine View Post
                  What is with all this shipping talk? I usually just get and my car and drive 7 minutes to pick it up! :p
                  Me too, but its more like 700 miles.
                  " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
                  Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
                  http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

I will second (third, fourth, fifth?) that sentiment. The people at Parts Express are top shelf folks who understand that loyalty is fleeting, that every sale is earned, and that there's never a good reason for an unhappy customer. Kudo's to the PEOPLE of PE that have made their business the best shopping experience on the web.

Comment

Speaking of shipping... i just put in a order 2 weeks ago, I was just under $100 and figured I would order a few little things to get it over $100 for free shipping. I was playing around with the Cart and had checked the pick up at the factory option at one point to see what my cost was without shipping -and then took it off after making my final selections (or so I thought) An hour after putting in the order someone called me from customer service and asked if I was really going to be picking this up at the store! What a great catch - that saved me much time and hassle trying to figure out what happened later. Thanks PE!

Comment

PE DID IT AGAIN!!

I bought a pair of B652 speakers back in December. They sounded so crappy that I gave them away. At first I thought it was just par for these "budget" speakers. But then I found a thread in which this issue was mentioned as a flaw. I contacted PE Customer Service today. They're sending a replacement set at no charge.

Again, I'm amazed at PE's Customer Service. No company anywhere is without minor flaws. The difference between other companies and PE is that they ADMIT when an error is made and they ALWAYS MAKE IT RIGHT for the customer.

I LOVE PE!!!!
                        "We are just statistics, born to consume resources."
                        ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

Comment

I hear 99 percent good things about PE customer service - remarkable when you consider how much more noisy the unhappy ones usually are?

I have to ask though, why they never seemed to "make right" the people who bought "calibrated" microphones where the calibration doesn't seem to be all that accurate?
                          "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

Working...
                          X