Can somebody help me with calculation of MLTL for RS180S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can somebody help me with calculation of MLTL for RS180S

I'd like to experiment with a 3way with RS180S woofer in MLTL, but have no experience. I was planning to make it in vented box of 1cuft(~27L) with F3 of $0Hz, but maybe MLTL will give me a lower F3... The only requirement is 9" for a front baffle width. Would appreciate any help!

Re: Can somebody help me with calculation of MLTL for RS180S

Talk to Paul K. If you can give him measured T/S data, that will help him immensely.
    https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Thanks! If i am right he lives pretty close to me...

Comment

You've got mail!
        Paul

Originally posted by RBG View Post
        I'd like to experiment with a 3way with RS180S woofer in MLTL, but have no experience. I was planning to make it in vented box of 1cuft(~27L) with F3 of $0Hz, but maybe MLTL will give me a lower F3... The only requirement is 9" for a front baffle width. Would appreciate any help!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
          You've got mail!
          Paul
          I was wondering how long it would take for you to chime in.

Op,,, listen to dis guy! Take his advice and you'll build the best money can buy! I know from experience! Have fun, Mark

Comment

I concur. Paul designed an MLTL for my RS225-8 project and I couldn't be happier!
            Craig

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
              I concur. Paul designed an MLTL for my RS225-8 project and I couldn't be happier!
              Yes, no one has the MLTL thing down like Paul does. He is certainly the go-to guy for these.
              Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

I have two of the RS180S, S that is, NIB that I'd like to trade...
                John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Guys, I really appreciate all of your compliments. I've tended to favor ML-TLs in the last 2-3 years, primarily because they're simpler to build even with a long, folded line, but tapered TLs and ML-TQWTs also have their advantages at times.
                  Paul

Comment

Angled and tapered would add some complexity to the builds for sure. Only bad thing is the extra cost of veneering a larger surface! Paul does whip up the designs very quickly!
                    My Build Thread's
                    Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

Comment

Working...
                    X