Another 2 for UPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 2 for UPS

So, previous to last package that I send to New Orleans (contained beautiful Ebony Macasar turntable plinth) "two day select" got lost. It didnt get damaged, it just disappeared from the UPS sorting facility.

The pictures are of the last shipment. 3" of foam between the speaker and the cardboard. Notice the "Do not drop" sticker right next to the "drop"
    Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_0_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1189464
    Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_0.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	1189465
    Thanks guys! Thanks for loosing time sensitive package and dropping and damaging a nice pair of speakers!
    http://www.diy-ny.com/

Re: Another 2 for UPS

I just got a pair of the PE 0.23CF flat packs day before the 4th and each baffle has one corner that's slightly smashed in and rounded. Called PE and got a RA number but not sure it's worth the trouble to return just yet (UPS faculty not that close and don't have much time). But the box had the typical UPS careful handling (aka areas smashed a bit).
    I feel for ya Roman.
    Nichikuros - Peerless 831735 Nomex + Vifa NE25VTA
    Digger8 - Small compact 8" sub with F3 = 20Hz
    Madison-D and Madison-R - Tang Band W4-1720 + Vifa BC25SC06 or Beston RT003C (TM and MTM)
    Jeffrey - Tang Band W5-704D + Beston RT003C
    Jasmine - Fountek FW146 + Fountek NeoCD3.0 Ribbon in Pioneer BS21 Cabinet

Comment

I left UPS a LONGGGG time ago. Fedex for me. I have had no issues with Fedex.
      Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

I used to work at the UPS facility in Toledo OH when I was in college. I was part of the unloading team. At least once a week we would get a trailer from Dell. Computer monitors(old CRTS) stacked to the top of the trailer. The correct way to unload it was to walk out of the trailer and get the step stool to get the top box down and safely unload the trailer. This never happened. I am tall enough to get the boxes down without dropping them. Other co workers would pull the wall of boxes down and let them fall. Part of this was due to the 1200 packages/hour rate that had to be maintained. The other part was people liked to be cruel and drop packages marked fragile. You could hear the monitors just shatter in the boxes. Mgmt only complained when an unloader was going to slow. I won't ship UPS to this day because of this.

Comment

I use the small-town Jenks, OK Post Office for shipping. The Postmaster there CARES about his people (no stopwatch around his neck) and his people CARE about their customers. USPS, UPS, FedEx, most of the people are good. 1-2% of "slugs" ruin things for everyone. Yes, we've received boxes (BIG ones) with dualie tracks across them. They should have been 24-28" tall and were 4-6" tall. 100 to 1 it was a backing accident. It was knocked off the dock, the driver never saw it. Everybody has warts. Shipment via bus is very good but pricey. I honestly have had a "head unit" for a photographic printer shipped in a Business Class seat on American Airlines to get it from New Joisey to Tussa ASAP. I paid the cab-driver in Jersey a $25 (1975 dollars!) tip to get to the airport on time. Every hour we didn't have it, it was costing us about $12 grand. So it's all relative.
          A couple of months ago, I had over 60 mail-order packages going to the OKC area from the hobby shop. I tossed them in my truck and drove them up-there. The postage would have been over $550. At .75 cents a mile (270 miles total + meals) I still made out like a fat rat! The 5 foot long ship models were my meal tickets! I got the $550 postage fees and my costs were really about $140. The big Ram on cruise averaged nearly 24 MPG door-to-door.

Comment

Originally posted by joeybutts View Post
            I left UPS a LONGGGG time ago. Fedex for me. I have had no issues with Fedex.
            None of the 3 are very good (UPS, USPS & FedEx), but my worst experiences have been with UPS. However lately USPS has been pretty bad also. I just emphasize good packing practices and pray!
            “I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet”

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

That's gotta hurt. Makes you wish you'd insured the package for $1000 or so.
              I've been using USPS "guaranteed delivery" parcel post lately with excellent results.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
              "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
              SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
              My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

Originally posted by thekorvers View Post
                None of the 3 are very good (UPS, USPS & FedEx), but my worst experiences have been with UPS. However lately USPS has been pretty bad also. I just emphasize good packing practices and pray!
                I've always had bad experiences with UPS and FedEx. I used to always have very good experiences with USPS. However, ever since USPS started contracting UPS to carry packages most of the way... NO CARRIER IS WORTH A DARN ANYMORE.
                "We are just statistics, born to consume resources."
                ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

Comment

Today I was out washing my car when the UPS driver showed up. I actually watched as he threw the package to the front of his truck, and it fell off the truck. Then he acted as if that was a normal way to treat a package.

Luckily this wasn't a fragile package, but it still sets a poor standard.

Comment

Originally posted by bdiermeier View Post
                    Today I was out washing my car when the UPS driver showed up. I actually watched as he threw the package to the front of his truck, and it fell off the truck. Then he acted as if that was a normal way to treat a package.

Luckily this wasn't a fragile package, but it still sets a poor standard.
                    That's pretty common. It's a corporate problem. The carriers are tracked every inch of the way with GPS in the scanners. That's not a bad thing but it's how they reward and punish their drivers. I don't excuse mishandling of packages but that kind of thing is fairly rare with USPS carriers... not that it makes much difference in the overall journey of shipments.
                    "We are just statistics, born to consume resources."
                    ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

Comment

What a bummer.

Our local UPS guy is great (though that says nothing about the journey before he gets the package). By contrast, our USPS carrier used to routinely throw our packages at our door rather than climb the 3 steps and place them down. After numerous complaints she was transferred so she can do the same thing about 1/2 a mile away for a new set of customers. Where have we heard that practice before....

Comment

It all depends. Out here in the weeds, both the UPS and FedEx drivers are contractors and do a superb job. I'm on first name basis with both. The USPS driver. hand carries packages to the door and rings the bell. I've said before and I will say again, package damage is directly proportional to the size of the local population. The only damage claims I have had were in NYC and LA.

Bob

Comment

It's sorta reverse for me Bob. I've never had a package damaged in NY. Haven't send many to LA.
                          The big box was send to Texas and this is the second time for UPS/Texas.
                          I think we need this sort of thread so people can post pictures and let everyone know what happened.
                          http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Popular Mechanics did some interesting tests: http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...-your-packages

and "labeling the package "fragile" actually increased the beating" http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...panies#slide-5

Comment

Working...
                            X