Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zaph Audio

I miss his updates and diver test.
    Does anyone that stays in contact with him know if he plans on doing more post in the future or is he busy doing other things?
    I know how more important things put the speaker building on the back burner.
    Last edited by Thezeek; 01-18-2015, 09:57 AM.

Re: Zaph Audio

I miss his updates as well.

Comment

Kids will change your life (but mostly for the better)!

Comment

and its bike riding season.
        " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
        Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
        http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          and its bike riding season.
          I don't think his intention was to found a cult but unfortunately that's kind of what he did. He's wisely focused on reality since things got out of hand and has shown himself to be a canny guy for it where most others would be feeding the frenzy and riding the wave. I personally hope he does not update any time soon.

Comment

it's nice that his site still loads!
            Brad
            piano black sealing mdf irregular recesses grill technique

Comment

Originally posted by Wushuliu View Post
              I personally hope he does not update any time soon.
              I feel the opposite, because I don't feel an update on his blog is going to raise up a cult of Zaph renunion, and the more driver data I can get my hands the better. There is scarcely enough out there as it is, in reliable form. Obviously this is all precluding his own needs and if he doesn't have time it is what it is, I can still hope though!
              Audio: Media PC -> Sabre ESS 9023 DAC -> Behringer EP2500 -> (insert speakers of the moment)
              Sites: Jupiter Audioworks - Flicker Stream - Proud Member of Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Originally posted by JasonP View Post
                I feel the opposite, because I don't feel an update on his blog is going to raise up a cult of Zaph renunion, and the more driver data I can get my hands the better. There is scarcely enough out there as it is, in reliable form. Obviously this is all precluding his own needs and if he doesn't have time it is what it is, I can still hope though!
                Or maybe someone(s) else can take up the mantle.

Comment

Originally posted by Wushuliu View Post
                  Or maybe someone(s) else can take up the mantle.
                  I have begun to take some full measurements under controlled conditions of some drivers and write-up full reviews (like I did for the CSS LD25X and the ATC midrange in the past). Unfortunately, the first two of these that will be published (in a blog soon) are of ..... Morel drivers (seriously).

Jeff
                  Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
                    I have begun to take some full measurements under controlled conditions of some drivers and write-up full reviews (like I did for the CSS LD25X and the ATC midrange in the past). Unfortunately, the first two of these that will be published (in a blog soon) are of ..... Morel drivers (seriously).

Jeff
                    Shouldn't you be working on that continuum 3 way :D

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
                      Shouldn't you be working on that continuum 3 way :D
                      Yeah, I just put together a list of the design commitments I have to other folk - mostly commercial endeavors, along with a wish-list of projects I'd like to someday do for myself or for my own amusement. A three-way based on the Kairos is on that list, and I'm thinking a variant of it might work for the Continuum too. It's just a matter of getting caught up enough to do it. I guess I need to quite saying yes to all of these opportunities. I've been turning down quite a few as it is.

Jeff
                      Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

Maybe Jeff Bagby is the new Zaph?
                        1: Sony DVP-S7000 | Denon DVD-2900 | Laptop > Parasound Zdac > Denon AVR-5700 > Focal 826V | Def Tech BP2000 | (2) DIY 15" Subs powered by Crown XLS2500
                        2: Computer > Schiit ‹bered Bifrost > Emotiva RCA Control Freak > Crown XLS 1500 > Focal 706V | Def Tech SM450 | Velodyne F-1000B Sub

Comment

Originally posted by Thezeek View Post
                          I miss his updates and diver test.
                          I miss those, too. More so, each one of his write ups is an interesting revelation on speaker design from an experienced hand in the hobby. I crave more.

I don't know about the cult thing, but I'll bet he discovered that email lists and forums pull you in to the point that it keeps you from engaging in the very hobby you're discussing, and a bunch of other things, too. I'm at a point where I'm fiercely protective of my time. I suspect Zaph is too, and I can respect that.

Regards,

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by doctormorbius View Post
                            Maybe Jeff Bagby is the new Zaph?
                            Nah. Zaph could never be Jeff.
                            Wolf
                            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                            https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

The whole cult fanboy thing about Zaph is imagined.
                              I think that fits Jeff more seeing how people fawn over him. I'm not saying that is bad; just my observation.
                              Seeing how both these people are smart and conduct themselves in a professional manner makes them likable.

Comment

Working...
                              X