Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 ky diy

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: 2014 CKY-DIY...Less than 3 weeks to go!

    Lined up a few sponsors to get some goodies on the door prize table. No pics of the swag beforehand but I can say with a very high degree of confidence that there's going to be some very happy attendees at raffle time. Of course the winners must be present....yuck yuck yuck. :p
    Bryan K.

    Midwest Audio Club

    Speedster | | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | , COUGAR II and | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

    Comment


    • Re: 2014 CKY-DIY...Less than 3 weeks to go!

      A bit late I guess, but i didn't realize how far Louisville is, but turns out its around 11 hours from Minneapolis - far, but not so much.

      So, the question is, do you still have space to squeeze me in? Since it's a long drive, I would have to get my wife along too and my mom,so that around 3 ppl. Not sure how big the venue is and if we can be squeezed in. If there are lots of entries, i am fine just only listening too, else I will get one.

      Regards
      Ani

      Comment


      • Re: 2014 CKY-DIY...Less than 3 weeks to go!

        Originally posted by ani_101 View Post
        A bit late I guess, but i didn't realize how far Louisville is, but turns out its around 11 hours from Minneapolis - far, but not so much.

        So, the question is, do you still have space to squeeze me in? Since it's a long drive, I would have to get my wife along too and my mom,so that around 3 ppl. Not sure how big the venue is and if we can be squeezed in. If there are lots of entries, i am fine just only listening too, else I will get one.

        Regards
        Ani

        Ani, the venue is massive and cool too. I don't think there will be a problem with attendees at all. Not too sure about the exhibitor lineup though. Eric (6thplanet) is your host and he will be coordinating the exhibits. You should bring your FAST build.
        Bryan K.

        Midwest Audio Club

        Speedster | | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | , COUGAR II and | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

        Comment


        • Re: 2014 CKY-DIY...Less than 3 weeks to go!

          Great, I will get working on the logistics. I will get it along, if we get to play it good, else, it has seen it's share of venues!

          1. Register on Eventbrite - done, but i ended up registering for 4 3 general + 1 presenter....

          Comment


          • Re: 2014 CKY-DIY...Less than 3 weeks to go!

            Originally posted by ani_101 View Post
            Great, I will get working on the logistics. I will get it along, if we get to play it good, else, it has seen it's share of venues!

            1. Register on Eventbrite - done, but i ended up registering for 4 3 general + 1 presenter....
            Don't worry about the registration - and you don't need to present the ticket either. It's more of a facility to get a general headcount.
            Bryan K.

            Midwest Audio Club

            Speedster | | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | , COUGAR II and | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

            Comment


            • Re: 2014 CKY-DIY...Less than 3 weeks to go!

              We have hotel reservations at the Ramada that Bryan linked (at least I'm pretty sure we do, the Indian girl on the phone wasn't easy to understand). See you there next week Friday!!
              "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
              "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

              Comment


              • Re: 2014 CKY-DIY...Less than 3 weeks to go!

                Any plan for informal sessions? I would be staying over Saturday night, though still need to make reservations

                Comment


                • Re: 2014 CKY-DIY...Less than 3 weeks to go!

                  Originally posted by ani_101 View Post
                  Any plan for informal sessions? I would be staying over Saturday night, though still need to make reservations
                  Originally posted by craigk View Post
                  we need a room, I am bring equipment for our listening pleasure
                  We now have the room, and I'm hoping more guys are staying at this Ramada as well. Craig is bringing some of his equipment, and I'll be bringing my Marantz SACD player. So it looks like the informal session will go down!! We can play with the different formats and see if SACD really is better. I have a couple different versions of Bros In Arms, Fleetwood Mac, and Pink Floyd we can compare between regular and SACD.
                  "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
                  "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

                  Comment


                  • Re: 2014 ky diy

                    I dunno... "KY DIY" just doesn't sound appropriate for this forum.
                    "We are just statistics, born to consume resources."
                    ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

                    Comment


                    • Re: 2014 ky diy

                      Yeah, the Ramada Inn was the only affordable hotel I could find that was 1) close to the venue 2) close to Jinjuku’s house 3) had double rooms and non-smoking rooms available. The hotels close to the expo are fully booked (must be an event there over the weekend). The hotels downtown are beautiful but NOT cheap.

                      Ramada Louisville North

                      1041 Zorn Avenue
                      I-71 Exit 2 and Zorn Avenue
                      Louisville, KY 40207

                      I'm booked there with Mike220. Unfortunately we will be hitting the road after the show as I have to work on Sunday. :(
                      Bryan K.

                      Midwest Audio Club

                      Speedster | | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | , COUGAR II and | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

                      Comment


                      • Re: 2014 ky diy

                        Originally posted by Tin_Ears View Post
                        I dunno... "KY DIY" just doesn't sound appropriate for this forum.
                        just remember Ky is not Kentucky jelly, it does not taste good on toast.
                        craigk

                        " Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

                        Comment


                        • Re: 2014 ky diy

                          Originally posted by craigk View Post
                          just remember Ky is not Kentucky jelly, it does not taste good on toast.
                          Would that be bourbon jelly?? (Not to be confused with whiskey jelly.)
                          The Kentucky guys and bourbon connoisseurs should get my dumb joke
                          "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
                          "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

                          Comment


                          • Re: 2014 ky diy

                            I'm definitely not a whiskey kind of guy anymore, but bbq is another thing all together!
                            https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

                            Comment


                            • Re: 2014 CKY-DIY...Less than 3 weeks to go!

                              Originally posted by jinjuku View Post
                              Would people coming in Friday want to come over to my house? I can host dinner. Thinking BBQ from one of the local smoke houses.

                              Please post in thread if interested and PM for Address and other details.
                              Damn...the polar vortex is supposed to sweep down over the midwest next week and I'm not joking. I will be wearing my fur and pashmina in any weather below 50F. Do you have a fire pit?
                              Bryan K.

                              Midwest Audio Club

                              Speedster | | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | , COUGAR II and | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

                              Comment


                              • Re: 2014 CKY-DIY...Less than 3 weeks to go!

                                Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
                                Damn...the polar vortex is supposed to sweep down over the midwest next week and I'm not joking. I will be wearing my fur and pashmina in any weather below 50F. Do you have a fire pit?
                                I had to Google pashmina, I'm in just to see Bryan wearing that :p

                                I'm not much of a whiskey guy either Chuck, but I do enjoy some top shelf tequila once in a while
                                "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
                                "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X