• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• martyh
    replied
    Re: DakotaDIY 2015

And just like that......

Cheryle got rescheduled into a conference in Vegas that weekend, so we're going to miss out on the fun and sounds and steaks. Sorry JR.

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

The event website has most of the important information updated: http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/events/ddiy2015/

Now....if you're planning to bring stuff to sell/trade/give away and you'd like people to see it beforehand, we'll gladly host it on the web site. Just get a hold of me or JR, send us some pics and a description, and we'll do the rest, including plugging the sale items on social media. FYI- Jim Holtz was able to sell some fairly high-end equipment this way at last year's Iowa DIY. Don't be shy. This is one of the reasons we created the Midwest Audio Club.

Leave a comment:

• lennon_68
    replied

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
    Rooms in town here, in a hotel with solid conveniences and a nicer environment, will rarely come in under $90 on a summer weekend in Sioux Falls. The benefit to using the group I booked is they will have all of us in the same area of the hotel.

Smoking is no longer allowed anywhere indoors here.
    Absolutely, just looking to help someone save a buck Good to know about smoking. That said last DDIY we stayed at the Red Roof Inn and although smoking wasn't allowed it either used to be or nobody cared for that particular rule at that hotel lol. Not trying to second guess but I recently learned that blocks in a hotel don't generally guarantee that the rooms are in the same area of the hotel, only that a certain number of rooms are available. That said the hotel you chose is a much smaller nicer more intimate hotel and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they're actually keeping the block together

Regarding pricing I see that the cheapest currently for those dates on express in priceline (for a 3-star +) is $84. Those times we got better rates were short notice stays for funerals. Needing a hotel room in 2 days probably factors in heavily to why a cheaper price was available...

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied

Rooms in town here, in a hotel with solid conveniences and a nicer environment, will rarely come in under $90 on a summer weekend in Sioux Falls. The benefit to using the group I booked is they will have all of us in the same area of the hotel.

Smoking is no longer allowed anywhere indoors here.

Leave a comment:

• lennon_68
    replied

For those booking accommodations I'd highly recommend trying priceline.com. I've been to Sioux Falls a couple times over the last few months and have gotten extremely good rates at very nice hotels using Priceline's negotiator tool (last weekend we got 2 rooms at the Sheratin by the airport for $50/room on a Thursday night, in the fall we got rooms at the Holiday Inn city center for $42/room/night for Friday and Saturday).

Priceline isn't the best for smaller towns where there are limited hotel options but it's awesome for large cities with lots of hotels (like Sioux Falls). Be careful if you select anything below 3 stars though - you could end up in a designated smoking room... To be safer choose 3-star plus

My personal strategy is to punch in the dates I want then go to the options on the express tab. These are deals that you can get without having to guess a price. I look for the cheapest price on a 3-star and note the area. I then research the hotels in that area with that star rating... just to make sure they don't offer smoking rooms (I don't know if any 3-star + hotels anywhere have smoking rooms?). Then I go to the negotiator page and guess a price a little less than the price on the express deals... When we got the $50 room the express deal was $60 for reference. It's scary and fun... if you use the negotiator thing you have to put in your CC number and commit to buying some room that somewhere without knowing the details...

Dave and I have it in our heads that we're going to try to come but I haven't even floated the idea with my wife yet... If we come we might have a fresh set of DIYSoundGroup Fusion-12 Tempests in uniques enclosure to demo

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
    It's about effin time, man. Looking forward to finally meeting you.
    Meee toooo

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Originally posted by kenny_k View Post
    I'm registered, now if the plane takes off. ;)
    It's about effin time, man. Looking forward to finally meeting you.

Leave a comment:

• kenny_k
    replied

I'm registered, now if the plane takes off. ;)

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

In

Now I just have to figure out how I'm getting to Sioux Falls.

Leave a comment:

• ernperkins
    replied

I got one too.

Ed

Leave a comment:

• Ron_E
    replied

I just booked a room.

Ron

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied

I have ten rooms blocked off at the Dakotah Lodge. I already have one of the king rooms booked for me and the missus.

Call 800-658-4508 and tell them you are calling for Dakota DIY. Otherwise, you may end up a hundred miles away from the rest of us!

There is a beautiful - and I mean beautiful - outdoor lounging area with fireplace, some chairs, and - a grill for our use. So if we wanted to, we could grill at the hotel as well as at the venue!

These rooms will be available for our group until May 29th, at which point they go "back on the market".

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Originally posted by Ron_E View Post
    We stayed at the Dakotah Lodge last year and it was decent. Should we book now or wait to see if we can get a group rate?

Ron
    I'd wait a couple days and let JR work his magic. When I called today for the info I was told there are plenty of rooms available for our weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Ron_E
    replied

We stayed at the Dakotah Lodge last year and it was decent. Should we book now or wait to see if we can get a group rate?

Ron

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Some preliminary hotel info.

JR is looking to secure a block of rooms at the Dakotah Lodge. It's approximately a 6-minute drive to the venue. It's possible we could get a group rate, but until then, here's the non-group pricing for the weekend of June 5-6.

Regular price:
    Friday $89
    Saturday $99

They offer a 10% discount for AAA, Veterans and Seniors. So for a two night discounted stay, including tax, the total is $189.27. They also include a free breakfast buffet. Not too shabby.

We'll have all this info on the EVENT SITE in the next 24hrs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Distinctive_Lodging.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	1165741

Leave a comment:

Working...
X