• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied
    Re: DakotaDIY 2015

Thanks Bryan.

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

More pro pics from Bill S (4thtry).....THANKS BILL!!!! Much more to come. I just got the DVD today and it's FANTASTIC!!

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

Those little speakers of Chris's look so small next to Jim"s.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Holtz
    replied

Originally posted by 4thtry View Post
    And a few more:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57952[/ATTACH]

PWR RYD (Craig): DS135/DC28FS bookshelf project:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57954[/ATTACH]

Mike220's Carrera's:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57955[/ATTACH]

Mini-Iron pic:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57953[/ATTACH]

Jim Holtz: Anthology:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]57956[/ATTACH]

Bill,

Awesome pictures as always! :applause:

Jim

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied

I managed to score the new Dayton Audio plate amp with all that wireless connectivity stuff inside of it. Just need to figure out what to do with it now. Actually, my wife was the lucky winner. Mine was the 2nd to last name pulled out of the hat on the first round lol. So it goes.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, guys. Your enthusiasm makes it worth the effort - you are all really like family.

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    I cant believe the ps180 didn't fall apart when only passed at 125hz to the ultimax!
    Ahhh...I stand corrected. I thought it was the 8" point source version (the PS220). At any rate, it was pretty funny when you explained to the crowd how you performed the "whizzerectomy" on the driver. LOL.

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

I can only echo everything Bryan said. I could have hung out with you guys a couple more days but I really needed some sleep.
    I cant believe the ps180 didn't fall apart when only passed at 125hz to the ultimax! That was fun.
    JR and Amanda made me feel very welcome as they always do. Was like sitting in their Living room.
    Not sure just how many speakers there was. Close to 30 pairs? Most of them I could live with.
    Still excited that Jason and Kenny flew out. Was fun to hang out with them and a few others Friday and Saturday night.
    Look forward to doing it again.

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Starting to compile pics and videos. Looking forward to Bill's pro pics, which are in the mail. Thanks again Bill - you rock as always. I have a lot of work to do, but not at all matching the time and effort that JR and Amanda put into throwing DDIY this year. Well done folks...well done.

Personally, I liked the community center venue better than the theater-type conference room we had last year. The acoustics were better, the seating was better (shout out to comfy chairs and couches), we had a private bathroom and kitchen and BBQ. Speaking of BBQ, I have never had better pork and beans in my entire life. JR cooked up five different varieties of pork and the beans were perfect. We definitely need that recipe. I didn't touch any of the other goodies that were up for lunch, but my gosh....awesome stuff there. I wanted to snuggle up on the couch next to Chris and take a nap after lunch. Now I know why he was so tired...LOL.

The format of informal on Friday and formal on Saturday was perfect. It was nice to catch up with everyone mainly on informal Friday and it was fun to do some local clubbing (thanks Amanda and JR). Thanks to all who attended. A few people flew in and several people drove many many hours to Sioux Falls -- thank you thank you. I got some positive feedback on the progress we are making on the MAC website -- thank you -- we have more fun stuff being worked on as I type this. Kudos to JR and Jason for being great MAC brothers.

Even though we didn't have a set schedule on Saturday and even though lunch went an extra 15-min or so, the day went smoothly and we finished right on time. There were many interesting designs in attendance but I'm not going to go into detail on them all....I never do and I'd like to keep it that way since I'm not good with the flowery descriptives. I did have fun at the end of the show notching up the gain on Lowell's modified PS220 design and playing Barbie Girl and hitting triple digits on the SPL meter. I apologize for anyone's sore ears. The bass output of that Dayton Ultimax sub is impressive. It was fun to line up and listen to all the Iron Driver designs. That IS a nice tweeter. I noticed a few different color variations of Duratex -- nice. Finally, having a quick demo of Chris' truck with the dual sealed 18s and 12kw of bass amplification was a first for me. That was INSANE.

Fourteen sponsors donated a wide variety of prizes and nobody went home empty handed. It was interesting to have a couple software licensees on the table and I believe the guys who grabbed those were very happy. Additionally, we had a miniDSP unit and an extra raffle for the folks who donated via PayPal. Special thanks to those guys - you know who you are. A huge THANK YOU to all the sponsors, as they put these shows over the top every year.

I think JR should keep everything the same for next year.....looking forward to it already. :D

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

If y'all have about 60 seconds, please take a moment to fill out a survey for Cross Spectrum Labs. They are doing some DSP research and they need input from the community. Cheers.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/csadsp

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

Originally posted by hipcheck View Post

I need some more info on the 3way with the big round over and the Harley emblem? That is a nice design.

Glad to see you guys had a great event,

Steve
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...g-Radius-2-way
    North Audio D25-06, PS180, Ultimax 10" sa250
    Last edited by [email protected]; 06-11-2015, 08:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 4thtry
    replied

Many thanks to JR, Amanda, Bryan, & Jason for putting on a great show. I really enjoyed talking with everyone again, listening to many outstanding speakers, and taking tons of photos.

JR really knows how to cook! That was one of the very best meals that I have had in a long time. I had one of almost everything, and, after two days, I think I am still full!

Thanks to Bryan & company for doing the A/B comparison test of my speakers with the light switches. I am not sure if I can hear the difference, it is very subtle, but I am going to leave the tweeter zobel in place on the final system because I think it gives the speakers a more 3 dimensional, less etched type sound quality.

I also thought the room sounded very good with less bass boom than some of the larger venues. The room size was just right for our small group. I look forward to attending again next year.

Bill S.

Leave a comment:

• 4thtry
    replied

And here are my Linehoppers:

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DS34009.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	1166937

I have some food pics too, but I did not put them on the disc. I'll export them
    to jpegs and post a few later.

EDIT: I thought I had some food pics showing the full spread, but this is all I could find. Sorry about that. Those pastries were really good. The meat, also very good, was under the tin foil in this shot. Should have come back later when everything was set out.

Name:	_DS34121.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	1167056 Click image for larger version

Name:	_DS34109.jpg
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	1167057 Click image for larger version

Name:	_DS34112.jpg
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	1167058

Bill S.
    Last edited by 4thtry; 06-16-2015, 05:30 PM. Reason: Added food pics

Leave a comment:

• 4thtry
    replied

And a few more:

Turn2's (Rich): RS28/W4-1320/8137 combo (with cool looking inverted spikes):

"The Relayers"

Name:	_DS34053.jpg
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	1166932

PWR RYD (Craig): DS135/DC28FS bookshelf project:

Name:	_DS34278.jpg
Size:	128.5 KB
ID:	1166934

Mike220's Carrera's:

Name:	_DS34342.jpg
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	1166935

Mini-Iron pic:

Name:	_DS34239.jpg
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	1166933

Jim Holtz: Anthology:

Name:	_DS34467.jpg
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	1166936
    Last edited by 4thtry; 06-16-2015, 05:20 PM. Reason: Added names to pics

Leave a comment:

• 4thtry
    replied

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
    Has someone uploaded photos yet?
    I ran the jpegs last night. The DVD picture disc is in the mail to Bryan. Here are a few samples:

JR's stunning high end 3-way: "Taiga" :

Name:	_DS33951.jpg
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	1166929

ernperkins: Two nice waveguide builds:

Name:	_DS34187.jpg
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	1166928