replied
    Re: DakotaDIY 2015

TEN DAYS PEOPLE....TEN DAYS !!!

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/events/ddiy2015/

Leave a comment:

• Jim Holtz
    replied

:eek: Hmmm..... Announcing "super secret" projects at this years Dakota DIY? What a great idea! :D

Jim

Leave a comment:

• JasonP
    replied

Due to unforeseen fiscal issues Iowa for me has become a big maybe. I plan on bringing the Lucent (super secret build at InDIY that got me called some names :P) and unveiling all the designs details at DDIY now, just in case.

Oh, and I'm working to create the proper foam covered baffle now actually

Leave a comment:

• Thezeek
    replied

Nice looking speakers Johnny. I would like to hear them.

Leave a comment:

• S7910
    replied

Originally posted by JasonP View Post
    Yes! Excitement is brewing. I can't wait to see and hear what everyone brings.
    I'll echo this sentiment.

JR: If my Iron Driver speakers make it back in time, I'll be bringing them along as well.

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied

How come I am the only one with things on the swap meet page!?

Alright... I am finalizing information for the big day, and email subscribers can expect something later today. We have some great door prizes lined up, the house demo is ready, and a delicious lunch menu for Saturday afternoon.

I am looking forward to this - and seeing all of you, of course!

Leave a comment:

• JasonP
    replied

Yes! Excitement is brewing. I can't wait to see and hear what everyone brings.

Leave a comment:

• ani_101
    replied

Originally posted by mikejennens
    I'm registered and have my room booked. Less than 2 weeks to go...........
    Its coming up fast.... !!!

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied

Added a couple items to the swap meet:

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/even...015/swap-meet/

Leave a comment:

• ernperkins
    replied

<Never mind - I found it in my deleted e-mails folder>

Fat finger here accidently deleted my update with the music link - could you resend it (ernperkins at msn dot com)?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Oooooo....I see what you did there in that picture!!! Nice. Can't wait.

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied

As a reminder, email subscribers received a download link to an uncompressed copy of the house track. We are hoping this gives everyone time to familiarize themselves with it, and to burn their own disks. Again, I highly recommend giving it several listens through some good headphones prior to playing it back through your personal speakers - in fact, when it comes to selecting demo music a seemingly obvious but possibly often ignored rule is to not use speakers that you have designed.

Another reminder - our house tracks are generally constructed for testing listening skills as much as determining capabilities of a speaker. Keep this in mind as you listen to these various cuts, and see if you can pick out the passages that are included as a listening test vs. those included as a showcase for the speakers.

In general, the tracks selected this year are intended to:

1. Challenge little woofers.

2. Challenge what the designers consider ideal placement with respect to the listener. Historically, we have limited that flexibility to degree of toe-in - this year, we will also leave width and depth of listening field up to the demonstrator. These three factors play very heavily into impressions of imaging.

3. Of course, the usual suspects including how well the speakers handle fricatives and plosives. While Sssssss seems to receive the majority of our attention when we analyze speakers, but "ch" and "p" as in "church" and "pork chop" can also be grating - and are much harder to tame with a different crossover point or padding resistor.

See you all soon!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150507_243915397 (Medium).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	410.5 KB
ID:	1166389

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

The SHOW INFO page is updated with an embedded link to the DEMO and the track listing.

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/even...015/show-info/

EDIT: the link is to the MP3 version (not the version we will use at the show).

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X