3FE20 vs. 3FE22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3FE20 vs. 3FE22?

Wondering if anyone can talk to the differences between the 3FE20 and 3FE22? They look sort of like the same driver with different baskets, but the 3FE20 is only $19 at US Speaker (only place I find it?) vs. 32 for the 3FE22. The 3FE20 is advertised as a "blowout price," so maybe it is being discontinued?

I didn't find any specifications specific to the 4-Ohm version of the 3FE20. They advertise this model in 4, 8, and 16-ohm versions but the spec sheet seems to be for the 8-Ohm version and I cannot find specifics to the 4.

Hmm...

Re: 3FE20 vs. 3FE22?

Originally posted by philthien View Post
    Wondering if anyone can talk to the differences between the 3FE20 and 3FE22? They look sort of like the same driver with different baskets, but the 3FE20 is only $19 at US Speaker (only place I find it?) vs. 32 for the 3FE22. The 3FE20 is advertised as a "blowout price," so maybe it is being discontinued?

I didn't find any specifications specific to the 4-Ohm version of the 3FE20. They advertise this model in 4, 8, and 16-ohm versions but the spec sheet seems to be for the 8-Ohm version and I cannot find specifics to the 4.

Hmm...
    The FE20 has the old style frame. The FE22 has the new style frame. The FE22 frame is larger and thicker at the mounts, but the bolt pattern is the same.

The specs between the two versions are not identical, but close. I believe the 2 versions are interchangeable with minor changes to the x-over.

I have the FE25 ferrite version, which I believe is also interchangeable with those. I like it a lot. Has high sensitivity (for such a small driver). Great for a mid range or FR small desktop or satellite. If the additional weight is not a problem, you may consider those.
    “I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet”

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Comment

Working...
    X