Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caritas- A Meniscus Kit w/ Jeff B. crossover... impressions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caritas- A Meniscus Kit w/ Jeff B. crossover... impressions?

Anyone hear these promising speakers?
    http://meniscusaudio.com/caritas-full-pair-p-1501.html

Want to know how they compare to OS, and the various budget versions of the da-175 builds that have been floating around the forum.

Thanks and have a great Xmas/Holiday season

Re: Caritas- A Meniscus Kit w/ Jeff B. crossover... impressions?

Hey, no fair. I want SB to make woofers to my specifications.
    Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
    Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Probably a bit early for a critical comparative listening session.

Comment

Originally posted by arrayed View Post
        Anyone hear these promising speakers?
        http://meniscusaudio.com/caritas-full-pair-p-1501.html

Want to know how they compare to OS, and the various budget versions of the da-175 builds that have been floating around the forum.

Thanks and have a great Xmas/Holiday season
        I've heard them and for the money they sound incredible. They were demo'd late last summer at the Meniscus Audio get together, there are comments in this thread (specifically post #163). IMO, you can't go wrong for the money with the Caritas. I've never heard them side by side with the overnight sensations, but I have heard both and I think the Caritas have an edge over the OS, but that's just my opinion and I only heard the OS one time, and it was fairly briefly.

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...meniscus+audio
        "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
        "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

Comment

I have the kit, but haven't gotten to build them yet (they're next on my list). Don't hesitate to order from Meniscus either-they're great guys to work with.

Comment

for the money you can not go wrong. even for more money you couldn't go wrong.
            craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

I too have the kit and need to get them built, it looks lie a lot of value for the money. Mark would not put his name on anything that wasn't good. And you know they were designed by some of the best.

Comment

When I saw the listing I saw the price and thought: What a good deal for a speaker. Then I noticed it was for a pair... wow. My jaw dropped.
                Audio: Media PC -> Sabre ESS 9023 DAC -> Behringer EP2500 -> (insert speakers of the moment)
                Sites: Jupiter Audioworks - Flicker Stream - Proud Member of Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Originally posted by JasonP View Post
                  When I saw the listing I saw the price and thought: What a good deal for a speaker. Then I noticed it was for a pair... wow. My jaw dropped.
                  My wife just ordered a pair. Do we have any measurements available for these? She is excited!

Comment

I've heard them and the price for the performance is nuts. The cab is a good amount bigger than the ons cab. I havent a/b'ed them so i cant say what i would rather have. Its a bigger woofer so i would probably go with it for a 2-way.
                    My Build Thread's
                    Carrera's / Finalist TL's / Speedster TMM's / Speedster MTM Center / Overnight Sensation Surrounds

Comment

"My wife just ordered a pair" Are you joking!
                      a gal who doesn't just listen to music on a phone is a true rarity!
                      Kudos to your wife Morris.
                      nikkoluvr

Comment

Originally posted by nikkoluvr View Post
                        "My wife just ordered a pair" Are you joking!
                        nikkoluvr
                        Some women just can't resist a good deal. Once she heard Jeff B. touched them she couldn't resist :D Keep the kits coming Jeff... so you can check them off the list and get started on that 3way. ;) :D

Comment

It's a wonderful design. They were at InDIYana last year as well. Awesome bang/buck!
                          Highly recommended,
                          Wolf
                          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                          https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                            It's a wonderful design. They were at InDIYana last year as well. Awesome bang/buck!
                            Highly recommended,
                            Wolf
                            Really?
                            Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
                              Really?
                              Yep!
                              http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/wp-c...14/DS19565.jpg

...And then played again at Meniscus in Sept 2014.

Later,
                              Wolf
                              "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                              "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                              "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                              "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                              https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Working...
                              X