Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unbiasedsound
    replied
    I've never ordered the thruster or the ultra due to there poor quality control from what others have mentioned on both forums.....The best bang for the buck exciter with the best all around sound that I have used is the DAEX25FHE-4 although I did not push them too hard....the most resilient and robust exciter Ive used is the DAEX30HESF-4 as I have 6 of them that has the most bass/excursion and power handling as I am even employing one of them as a Subwoofer driven by a 50 watt polk amp with no problems and you can really see the excursion of DAEX30 when used as a sub.....The DAEX25 seems to have a higher frequency response then the DAEX30 but the DAEX30 seems to sound a little more accurate with more bass and higher power handling.....my ultimate goal is to mimic the Bertagnis flag ship model speakers the SM300....that project will utilize the DAEX30 as the bass panel and the DAEX25 as the mid bass panel while utilizing either two 13mm tektonic exciters for the highs and or some sort of dome tweeter and crossover.

Leave a comment:

• WernerM
    replied
    Okay just got the Behringer UFO202 in and calibrated in Holm. Here is the latest measurement...

1" XPS in 16" x 24" with no edge treatments and 1 side 50/50 treated (the exciter side) using a Dayton Audio DAEX25 sound exciter...

First the gated measurement...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	16x24 XPS 1 side new gated.png
Views:	325
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	1292597

Now the 1/24 octave smoothed...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	16x24 XPS 1 side new 24 amp smooth.png
Views:	317
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	1292598

Leave a comment:

• Kornbread
    replied
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Building another customer set. I am using a new 2mm panel from my friends at Wright Patt AFB, this time in an 11 x 14 size. This panel is extremely light yet very rigid and I was expecting this thinner version to provide even better high end response and volume. You can see that the high end response is great all the way out to the 19k limit of the sweep I ran.
    ... and you could supply us with some of this unobtanium for how much or at least let us in on what it is ... unless it is a military secret.

Leave a comment:

• jmanes@dayton.bbb.org
    replied
    Building another customer set. I am using a new 2mm panel from my friends at Wright Patt AFB, this time in an 11 x 14 size. This panel is extremely light yet very rigid and I was expecting this thinner version to provide even better high end response and volume. You can see that the high end response is great all the way out to the 19k limit of the sweep I ran.

Last edited by [email protected]; 07-27-2016, 12:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• captainjack115
    replied
    Originally posted by Kornbread View Post
    Somewhere, maybe not on this forum, there was mention that the leads were not braided/tinseled? but were solid copper. The repeated cycling is going to break those thin solid wires not unlike someone repeatedly bending a wire. My thoughts are when panels are allowed to vibrate lower in the frequency range with much output, ie; more travel, their life is going to be shortened.

Just my $.02, YMMV.
    My thoughts, exactly! The company in China making these exciters is probably going to continue cranking them out as they are, unless they get enough complaints to retool. I've had the same sort of failure with the Ultra's as well. I've returned one failed unit out of three to PE, they were super nice about replacing the failed unit. Maybe they should make some noise with their vendor/manufacturer, providing they get enough complaints. I can't help wondering if the use of these exciters goes beyond DIY applications, extending to commercial applications.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X