X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• captainjack115
    replied
    Originally posted by WernerM View Post
    Update:. I got the panels skinned on one side today with the 50/50 mix. I am going to give them the 1 week that rmeineke suggests to break in before remeasuring.

Now I have to ask, are thrusters and ultra exciters still dying rapidly? I want to test them, but I don't want to be out that money, plus panel damage replacing them.
    I recently lost another Thruster, I ordered 2 more from PE while they're on sale. Sadly they're on back order. I can't be certain, but I believe the voice coil connection is breaking due to excursion more so than wattage overload. There must be something more robust that will stand up to a little stress.

Leave a comment:

• WernerM
    replied
    Update:. I got the panels skinned on one side today with the 50/50 mix. I am going to give them the 1 week that rmeinke suggests to break in before remeasuring.

Now I have to ask, are thrusters and ultra exciters still dying rapidly? I want to test them, but I don't want to be out that money, plus panel damage replacing them.
    Last edited by WernerM; 07-20-2016, 02:27 AM. Reason: Member name spelled wrong

Leave a comment:

• Gary.M
    replied
    Originally posted by WernerM View Post
    I also plan on doing other larger sizes as well...

Edit: I have special plans for that 8" wide piece. I will continue to do treatment and measuring on it as well. I will probably try the aluminum foil and window film treatments with it also to see if I can bring up the highs and lows...

Excellent!! thank you very much this is very informative.

Leave a comment:

• Kornbread
    replied
    16"x24"@1.5" step at 175hz.
    16"x24"@1" step at 175hz.
    24"x24"@1" ugh.
    8"x24"@1" step at 650hz.

Size, shape, rigidity are going to play a huge part in response.

Leave a comment:

• WernerM
    replied
    I also plan on doing other larger sizes as well...

Edit: I have special plans for that 8" wide piece. I will continue to do treatment and measuring on it as well. I will probably try the aluminum foil and window film treatments with it also to see if I can bring up the highs and lows...
    Last edited by WernerM; 07-17-2016, 02:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X