FrdCalc Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FrdCalc Tool

This is an under-development tool, but after a few hours of coding I have to working and wouldn't mind help and or feedback.

FrdCalc is a simple free tool to let the user perform math as they wish on multiple FRD files, creating a single final output FRD. It uses a minimalist drag and drop interface, where you drop files onto the window and ultimately click Execute to do the calculation. Here is the current design:

Click image for larger version

Name:	FrdCalc-Interface.png
Views:	1
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1191497

It is minimally tested, but I think it could be very useful and I've been using it a bit today to add and remove baffle steps generated from Jeff's Diffraction and Boundry Simulator.

The page for it (and the download) is here: http://jupiterspeakerworks.com/?page_id=105

Input and ideas welcome - plus I'd really like some help regarding minimum phase calculations. I'd love to give it the option to generate minimum phase for the output SPL data, right now the entire application ignores phase and outputs 0.0 for all phase data. You have to extract minimum phase using another tool to make the final FRD useful (IMO).
    Audio: Media PC -> Sabre ESS 9023 DAC -> Behringer EP2500 -> (insert speakers of the moment)
    Sites: Jupiter Audioworks - Flicker Stream - Proud Member of Midwest Audio Club

Re: FrdCalc Tool

One of the things I am going to add next is a way to enter variable prompts into the MATH files. Then you could make a multipurpose file like SPL Adjust.math.txt that contains: X + ?(SPL Adjustment), and you would be prompted for the value when the MATH is loaded during the verification step.
    Audio: Media PC -> Sabre ESS 9023 DAC -> Behringer EP2500 -> (insert speakers of the moment)

Comment

I updated the page today to include the GTK# installer for Windows, as it won't run without it installed first. I hadn't noticed, since Mono automatically installs it (I have Mono development tools on all my PCs). Interestingly enough it does not even generate an error if its missing, it just silently fails to run. Modern programming styles eh? I miss the verbose days.

Comment

With many programming languages, you have to manually code for dependency checks.
        Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
          With many programming languages, you have to manually code for dependency checks.
          I wish that was the case here. This is something to do with Mono just not reporting the missing DLL and instead silently exiting out. It all happens before any of my code even starts.

Comment

Moved up to 0.2. You can now add variables to your math files that will prompt the user for input, like so:

= X + $SPL Adjustment$

Will prompt the user for the value of 'SPL Adjustment' when Execute is clicked.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonP View Post
              I wish that was the case here. This is something to do with Mono just not reporting the missing DLL and instead silently exiting out. It all happens before any of my code even starts.
              MS offers free versions of Visual Studio ;), and I would be surprised if you couldn't code a quick directory check to verify the DLL before calling your first sub. I have not used mono - I tried once when I was in one of my many Linux fits but it was just not very easy to use compared to Visual Studio.
              Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Working...
              X