Any builds with speakon connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any builds with speakon connectors

Curious if anyone has pics of builds with speakon connectors? Really interested in trying them but wonder if they might look a bit off on a nice lacquered cabinet.

Re: Any builds with speakon connectors

My Statement monitors
    My Piccolatas
    My LM3886 amp

Comment

I really like them. They are easy, secure, quick and do the job. I will probably continue to use them on most any speaker I do in the future. With these speakers, I decided not to veneer the back. I ran out. Any way, I figure, the only person who is going to see the back is me, and now you, so I painted it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150125_174429.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	206.6 KB
ID:	1163724

Comment

I've got two Speakons on this two-part speaker...

Bill Schneider
        -+-+-+-+-
        www.afterness.com/audio

Comment

Originally posted by williamrschneider View Post
          I've got two Speakons on this two-part speaker...

I know you've gotten this a bunch in the past......But Wow....Those look nice.

Comment

Speakon is the only way to go in pro-sound, where you're plugging in and unplugging with every use, but I don't bother with them for home use. For that matter I don't use connectors at all, I just run wire out the back of the box, using wire nuts to connect the speaker cables. :eek:
            www.billfitzmaurice.com
            www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
              Speakon is the only way to go in pro-sound, where you're plugging in and unplugging with every use...
              I completely agree, plus they prevent shorting out an amplifier if you forget to plug in a speaker and the connector falls on something conductive.

Comment

NL8, the big boy Speakon. Runs to woofer, mids and tweeter in a groove CNC'd inside the 4 layers of the baffle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rear baffle2.jpg
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	1163740Click image for larger version

Name:	rear baffle1.jpg
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	1163741

Comment

Thanks guys! Think I might just go for it. Looks so clean and easy. I was scouting to see if anyone made a version that was a little more aesthetically pleasing but I'll probably do it regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by gregbegland View Post
                    NL8, the big boy Speakon. Runs to woofer, mids and tweeter in a groove CNC'd inside the 4 layers of the baffle.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54098[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]54099[/ATTACH]
                    Did you solder and heat shrink each connection or are those some type of crimps/fittings that attach to the poles on the back of each connector?

Comment

Originally posted by Cazten View Post
                      Thanks guys! Think I might just go for it. Looks so clean and easy. I was scouting to see if anyone made a version that was a little more aesthetically pleasing but I'll probably do it regardless.
                      When using the square bezel chassis connector, and when that chassis connector and the cable end connector are interconnected, not much of the chassis connector remains visible, and it is the cable end connector and outer cable housing which will dominate among that which is visible.

You can get the Speakon STX in black, which should help to make it less obvious.

You can cover your cable with black Techflex to help to make that less obvious.

"Our Nation’s interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised
                      of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance."
                      - from the October 2007 U.S. Naval capstone doctrine
                      A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower
                      (a lofty notion since removed in the March 2015 revision)

Comment

Originally posted by Cazten View Post
                        Did you solder and heat shrink each connection or are those some type of crimps/fittings that attach to the poles on the back of each connector?
                        Solder and shrink.

Comment

I use them on everything except car audio.
                          Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

Scanspeak Revelator R2904/7000's, Scanspeak Revelator 15M/4531K00's, Scanspeak Revelator 22W/8857T00's, Eminence NSW6021's.
                          MiniDSP 4x10HD. ICE Power amplification and an iNuke 3000.

Sennheiser HD650's powered by TEAC amplification.

Comment

I used them on my HT subs.

Your results may vary.

Comment

Yes I really like speakons. They're easy to use and look really sharp / clean. And people ask about them :D

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm2...oSKdB448TTVEnQ

Comment

Working...
                              X