replacement tweeter for Def tech bp8b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement tweeter for Def tech bp8b

Would these be ok to swap out in my Def tech bp8b and clr2002? My surrounds have the newer Def tech tweeters with ceramic coating and i Iike the sound much better. My LCR sounds kinda harsh with music, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: replacement tweeter for Def tech bp8b

Oops I meant to reference a tweeter after "these". I'd appreciate any suggestions that would work well with a simple swap. Thanks!

Comment

Actually I'd be willing to reuse the cabinets and swap out all the components. I'm new at this. Anyone suggest a good book on speaker design and acoustics to get me up to speed? Oh and a tweeter for now. Thanks

Comment

Speaker Building 201

Comment

+1 to speaker building 201.

I've got some deftech BP6B, but I'd never describe them as harsh. They've got a slightly different tweet than the BP8B/BP10B/BP7000 series speakers that all share the same tweet.

Changing out a tweeter is not all that simple. Each tweeter has its own impedance curve that the crossover has been specifically designed for. Changing out the tweeter may result in poor phasing between the tweet and woofers if you don't change the crossover as well.

Granted, you might change the tweet and like the sound. So, the next real question is - what size are your tweeters. We would need to know the outer dimensions as well as the inner magnet dimensions. Finally, the screw hole number and location on the tweeter faceplate would also be good to know.

If you're gonna replace the tweet - at least make sure it fits.
          DARPA Jr - 2015 InDIYana Winner - RS180-8 + RS100P-8 + ND25FA
          The Aria's - RS150-4 (or RS150-8) + XT25SC90
          The Mariposa's - TEBM65C20F-8 + ND16FA
          The Canzonetta's - RS100P-8 and ND16FA
          AudioSource AMP-100 Mods OR Pyle PAMP1000 Mods

Comment

Ok so I've ordered a copy of speaker building 201 that I'm going to read and then start a project on new LCR speakers. Maybe I have the Def techs toed in too much, so I'll adjust them out some for now and you all will here from me again when I start the project! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X