Pink Floyd - The Endless River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink Floyd - The Endless River

This is a really interesting body of work. For Floyd fans whose favorite songs are "Money" and "Another Brick in the Wall Pt 2" this might not be their cup of tea. This is really an instrumental, and starts off kind of slow. But there are some real gems here.

Re: Pink Floyd - The Endless River

Gem indeed!
    ‘There are none so blind as those who will not see.’

Comment

How about the David Gilmour tour coming....hoping for the States as i have seen Floyd before
      I Started Out with Nothing and I Still Got Most of It Left ...

Comment

I think Gilmore would like this as he used a lot of twisting of his sound back in the day..
        ‘There are none so blind as those who will not see.’

Comment

Comment

^ Agree completely... nonetheless, I will check out the album and appreciate the tip. Animals, Meddle and Wish You Were Here are where it's at, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by stook1 View Post
              Animals, Meddle and Wish You Were Here are where it's at, in my opinion.
              Totally agree on that one, Animals is my favorite with Meddle being a very close second. The earlier Syd Barret (whom Gilmore replaced) stuff was also great in it's own right.

Comment

I didn't like it. It's too mushy new age for me. Two of the things I like best about PF is the edgy music and cynical lyrics. This album is completely devoid of those traits. I like easy listening and as far as new age goes it's okay. It's just not my cup o' tea.
                "We are just statistics, born to consume resources."
                ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

Comment

I've been a Pink Floyd geek for ever I attended one of their concerts in Melbourne in the 90's which was fantastic...I bought this CD about a month ago and while it is pleasant enough, I felt that it was just self indulgent for PF.
                  Their music always had something to say but this CD as a Pink Floyd presentation doesn't quite do it for me.
                  However music is really subjective eh?
                  Saludos
                  John L.

Comment

Momentary Lapse of Reason is a phenomenal PF album, and no Waters.
                    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
                    Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Yah, I am a bit of a Pink Floyd geek myself, I guess you could say. Momentary Lapse honestly doesn't do it for me much at all. Everyone, of course, has their preferences. I do, however, think that the album right before it, The Final Cut, is a vastly underrated gem.

Comment

Yah, I am a bit of a Pink Floyd geek myself, I guess you could say. Momentary Lapse honestly doesn't do it for me much at all. Everyone, of course, has their preferences. I do, however, think that the album right before it, The Final Cut, is a vastly underrated gem.
                        +1

Comment

Momentary Lapse honestly doesn't do it for me much at all.
                          Me either. When Waters and Wright left, Pink Floyd died. I believe that Waters actually sued to try and stop Gilmore from using the Pink Floyd moniker, declaring Pink Floyd "a spent force creatively." He was right.

Comment

I completely disagree that PF died when Waters left. 'Momentary Lapse of Reason' and 'The Division Bell' are both excellent, IMO.
                            "We are just statistics, born to consume resources."
                            ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

Comment

Originally posted by Tin_Ears View Post
                              I completely disagree that PF died when Waters left. 'Momentary Lapse of Reason' and 'The Division Bell' are both excellent, IMO.
                              Well as someone else has already said, everyone has their preferences. For me, the "David Gilmore Project" (I won't even dignify their work by calling them Pink Floyd) and everything they have ever done is an insult to the greatness that Pink Floyd once was.

Comment

Working...
                              X