Anarchy Exodus 4 Ohm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anarchy Exodus 4 Ohm

Has anyone measured and have a sensitivity number? Erich pointed me to avsforum where there was some discussion, but no measurements posted yet (I'm not a member there and I thought I would try here).

Trying to decide between the 8 and 4 ohm for the bottom of a small 3-way monitor, and match with Dayton RS125P mid, again 8 vs 4 ohm. I think the Anarchy 4 ohm and RS125P-8 might work...

Re: Anarchy Exodus 4 Ohm

I don't see why those two wouldn't work together.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Hi Mike, thanks for the confirm :-)

Comment

If you've decided on the max box volume and target F3 then you'll know if there
        is a better solution. I believe that if you are going to bother with a 3-way then it
        makes more sense to go with a bigger driver that will seriously move some air.

Comment

I will suggest the 2 x 8 ohms anarchy with the 4 ohms rs125, simply because the sensitivity of the anarchy is so low. 2 of them in 1 cubes is a wall shaking compact combo. If you are not looking at 2 x anarchy, then either 4 or 8 will do. With the anarchy, double up for the full effect!

Comment

I use 2 Anarchy woofers with a RS28F-4 in a TMM configuration (2-way, not 2.5) crossed at 1,800Hz in a 1.0 cu.ft vented enclosure. Sensitivity is around 91dB, bass is just insane. It was an active system that I converted to a passive system recently. Highly recommended. Here's the on and off axis responses.

Hong
            Attached Files
            Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
            ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
            LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
            Sonata Soundbar Project
            The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

That looks pretty nice for a 2-way crossover and TMM configuration.

Originally posted by hongrn View Post
              I use 2 Anarchy woofers with a RS28F-4 in a TMM configuration (2-way, not 2.5) crossed at 1,800Hz in a 1.0 cu.ft vented enclosure. Sensitivity is around 91dB, bass is just insane. It was an active system that I converted to a passive system recently. Highly recommended. Here's the on and off axis responses.

Hong

Thanks all for thoughts and suggestions. I know larger woofer or 2 x Anarchy would be more standard design for a 3-way. I am going for low-end extension in a small enclosure and something off the beaten path in a 3-way. More to come later...

Comment

Originally posted by jclin4 View Post
                That looks pretty nice for a 2-way crossover and TMM configuration.

Thanks all for thoughts and suggestions. I know larger woofer or 2 x Anarchy would be more standard design for a 3-way. I am going for low-end extension in a small enclosure and something off the beaten path in a 3-way. More to come later...
                I've used the 8-ohm version by itself and the sensitivity is rather low so if it's a single woofer then the 4-ohm version is the one to use. BTW, it's much like the Wavecor SW182 except for the different motor.

Comment

Originally posted by hongrn View Post

Hong
                  Hong, wondering how you liked the active design and why you opted to convert it to passive?
                  Marv

Comment

Marv, I should not have used "converted". I hung the passive crossover behind the boxes, so the option of going back to active is still there. I like having the flexibility of going either way. In terms of difference between the 2 setups, if there is any, I can't really tell, and neither can the people who listened to the system. One thing is for sure, the combination of the Anarchies and the RS28F is a winning combo in my book. Whether you like rock, techno, or classical music with lots of dynamics, the Anarchies will handle your low end with absolute competence. One of my friends who plays drums remarked that drum sounds from the Anarchies are very similar to what he's used to hear when he plays. And I don't have to say much about the RS28F, since it's been used and reviewed to death here. Last week, after I finished the passive crossover, we put the Renditions through all kind of music, and we like what we heard. Thanks.

Hong

LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
                    Sonata Soundbar Project

Comment

Would you be kind enough to post or PM the passive setup? ...I already have a couple of the Anarchys in tapped horns, and a tower the size of your Renditions looks like a perfect application.

Ed Henderson

Comment

Hi Ed, it's posted in the Renditions thread.

Originally posted by ejh2854 View Post
                        Would you be kind enough to post or PM the passive setup? ...I already have a couple of the Anarchys in tapped horns, and a tower the size of your Renditions looks like a perfect application.

LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
                        Sonata Soundbar Project

Comment

Would this work as a MTM?

Comment

Originally posted by bigfishe View Post
                            RS28 and Anarchy woofers, I don't see why not as long as you cross below 2k.
                            "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Check the link in my signature. I modeled a MTM crossover version of the Renditions.

Originally posted by bigfishe View Post

LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
                              Sonata Soundbar Project

Comment

Working...
                              X