• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDQ Bach

Anyone heard of PDQ Back?

"We are just statistics, born to consume resources."
    ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

Re: PDQ Bach

Yes, I have. PDQ Bach is a pseudonym for Prof. Peter Schickle. I own a few CDs and a DVD of his opera "The Abduction of Figaro". I also own some music he put his own name on. If you are familiar with classical music his stuff is hilarious, if not it's a bit odd.

Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.

We are passionate about great sound at whatever level we can afford, so don't let the audio atheists reduce the experience to a set of numbers and squiggly lines. - jbruner

Comment

Schickle uses the pseudonym PDQ Bach (a spoof on its own of CPE Bach) when he wrote spoofs of others' music. He uses his own name on serious works of his own invention. He is a competent, if not great composer.

Bob

Comment

P.S has a big N.P.R. presence.
        The art director ( for the school I do work for ) got permission to use an original piece of his music in dance productions.
        "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
        “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
        "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

Ha... seems like he's the 'Mel Brooks' of classical music.
          ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

Comment

Anyone who is familiar with Philip Glass can appreciate the hilarity of "Prelude to Einstein on the Fritz"
            A classical Spike Jones
            "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
            “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
            "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

The Bluegrass Cantata is very cute and engaging, if you like Bach
              Free Passive Speaker Designer Lite (PSD-Lite) -- http://www.audiodevelopers.com/Softw...Lite/setup.exe

Comment

Peter Schickele was one of my favorites back in college. Some of it is just laugh out loud funny. I especially liked "The Short Tempered Clavier, Preludes and Fugues in all the Major and Minor Keys Except the Really Hard Ones," because we had to spend so much time with JS Bach (the real one) "Well Tempered Clavier." I used to love listening to his weekly radio show "Schickele Mix," and even did my own sort of version of it at the college radio station.
                Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
                Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

I saw him live years ago in the college town where I live. It was reported to the audience that he was late and had been last seen in one of the campus bars. He appeared shortly after climbing down a rope from one of the balconies. I have a copy of P.D.Q. Bach - 1712 Overture and Other Musical Assaults and always thought the sound quality was pretty high. Fun stuff.

Ron
                  C-Note Iron Driver Build
                  The Lydias
                  The Cherry π's
                  The Champs - Iron Driver 2015 Entry
                  My Projects Page

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it. - Neil deGrasse Tyson
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjuGCJJUGsg

Comment

As a matter of fact, I have heard of him. I used to listen to this album all the time as a kid. Unfortunately, it has some scratches in it and I really don't have a quality turntable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150511_204921.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	828.2 KB
ID:	1166399

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150511_204937.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	289.5 KB
ID:	1166400

Comment

Ha... these are making me smile. I'm not a classical music connoisseur by any stretch of the imagination but the humor is easy to hear and appreciate.
                      ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

Comment

Working...
                      X