replied
    Re: Announcing the Parts Express Speaker Design Team call

and noq techmutia... :D

Leave a comment:

• cjd
    replied

Originally posted by mattsk8 View Post
    I would say that based on your contributions and knowledge I'd be surprised if you weren't chosen. I didn't apply but I'm still curious how it'll shake out
    Not sure how I missed this.

Thanks for the kind words - while my work may qualify, I'm less confident my typical write-ups are in line with what they might want (though with little guideline it's really tough to know - it's easy to write to spec...) I too will be interested to see how this works out. Lots of projects in the pipeline regardless, though I probably should stop planning so far in advance :( I have a couple projects I was going to use BG planars which are NLA (here's hoping they find a way back to the market - superb drivers.)

C

Leave a comment:

• mattsk8
    replied

Originally posted by SpeakerScott View Post
    I think the key phrasing was "around" August 31'st. ;-)
    Around is definitely a term that applies very loosely ;)
    Originally posted by cjd View Post
    I haven't heard from them so they can't have started [emoji14] (I very much doubt I meet all of their requirements, so not actually surprised)
    I would say that based on your contributions and knowledge I'd be surprised if you weren't chosen. I didn't apply but I'm still curious how it'll shake out

Leave a comment:

• cjd
    replied

Isn't this supposed to be announced today?
    I haven't heard from them so they can't have started :P (I very much doubt I meet all of their requirements, so not actually surprised)

Leave a comment:

• SpeakerScott
    replied

I think the key phrasing was "around" August 31'st. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• carlspeak
    replied

Originally posted by philthien View Post
    Pallas won all spots. He will be developing 8-10 projects simultaneously.
    LOL!!!! :applause: :eek:

Leave a comment:

• philthien
    replied

Pallas won all spots. He will be developing 8-10 projects simultaneously.

Leave a comment:

• mattsk8
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RobertW
    replied

Originally posted by r-carpenter View Post
    I don't think a short term listening session is the suitable format for PE purpose. Blind listening is of course a big plus but I would recommend a more of long term listening sessions.
    The other thing PE needs to do is to clean up and categorize Project Page. It's a mess. The projects range from well listened to designs by well know guys to "who knows what this thing really is". If I was a newcomer looking to build a project, I'd be lost in options and budgets.
    I agree, it is hard to go through all the projects as they are presented, no intuitive at all. Maybe a rating system for the speaker builds..... By popularity, a number system by those that have made them or have heard them. A comment section under each build for those that have built them can rate them. Rating as in ease of build, by cost of parts, or Bang for Buck, or categories. Of course, all moderated so no mud slinging and important parts of the rating can be emphasized. Just my 2 cents.

Leave a comment:

• GingerRohlfs
    replied

Originally posted by Thumper Tom View Post
    I know it is early but will it be announced on the board who made the team?
    It will - but not until around August 31st. The panel of judges is going to comb through the applications and there will probably be a round or two selection process, as well as contacting of those who were chosen. But yes - we will most definitely announce on the TT board.

Leave a comment:

• Thumper Tom
    replied

I know it is early but will it be announced on the board who made the team?

Leave a comment:

• Pete Basel
    replied

Originally posted by GingerRohlfs View Post
    I can help answer some of your questions and/or address your concerns:

The entry project is just for the application. We are requesting that team members provide 1 project per 90 days, and of course they are open to provide more should they choose to. (Everyone works at different paces) They will be awarded a store credit for each completed project in addition to an initial start-up stipend and a monthly stipend to purchase products for their projects. It's not a set specific number of hours and projects can be a variety of scales and/or sizes. Our goal is to be flexible with team members and supportive of speaker building in general.

In terms of publishing other designs, that is up to the individual designer, but obviously we would not want a conflict of interest with a direct competitor. It would not be good for either party, (the competitor nor Parts Express), but if a Team Member is doing a project for an editorial piece, they are not obligated to use PE if it's not tied to Parts Express.

Hope that clarifies some things.

Ginger
    You wrote "The entry project is just for the application. " "They will be awarded a store credit for each completed project "

So it really makes no sense to do a new design for the application since it doesn't "count" for store credit if I understand you correctly.

EDIT: Nevermind I'm all set on this.
    Last edited by Pete Basel; 07-27-2015, 01:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Originally posted by hongrn View Post
    I didn't apply Jeff, just wondering about the members. Thanks for your kind words.
    You should reconsider. This could be a good opportunity for you.

Leave a comment:

• hongrn
    replied

I didn't apply Jeff, just wondering about the members. Thanks for your kind words.

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
    I hope you make the team, Hong.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Originally posted by cjd View Post
    If I lined up all the people I could say that about, they'd have a bigger team than expected! Curious where they want to go with this.

I suspect my documentation would fall short and keep me out, but I'm not the one that knows that. Hopefully anyone that can contribute the time, applies - DIY idol or not. I think some of the best work I've seen has been someone that sits quietly and listens all day, and brings some crazy good little project they "just threw together."

C
    Well, I won't be vying for a spot, so that should help a little.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X