Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbon/Rohacell drivers from SB Acoustics-more!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Carbon/Rohacell drivers from SB Acoustics-more!!

Another good thing about SB is that the company actually communicates in a polite way with the end user, if you email them with questions. Same with SEAS. Not the same with Scanspeak, unless you are buying 300 units

Comment

Originally posted by bill poster View Post
      Another good thing about SB is that the company actually communicates in a polite way with the end user, if you email them with questions. Same with SEAS. Not the same with Scanspeak, unless you are buying 300 units
      I've had very polite and useful responses from ScanSpeak.
      --
      "Based on my library and laboratory research, I have concluded, as have others, that the best measures of speaker quality are frequency response and dispersion pattern. I have not found any credible research showing that most of the differences we hear among loudspeakers cannot be explained by examining these two variables." -Alvin Foster, 22 BAS Speaker 2 (May, 1999)

Comment

Originally posted by Pallas View Post
        I've had very polite and useful responses from ScanSpeak.
        ditto. I've actually had an engineer reply to me when I asked a question regarding some measurements I obtained and posted to my site. he replied with technical information regarding the design.
        ErinsAudioCorner.com

Comment

The idea of new drivers like these sounds amazing to me. I want to get excited! Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but do you mind sharing how you came about this information?
          Audio: Media PC -> Sabre ESS 9023 DAC -> Behringer EP2500 -> (insert speakers of the moment)
          Sites: Jupiter Audioworks - Flicker Stream - Proud Member of Midwest Audio Club

Comment

After a long wait, the SB17CRC35-04's and 08's are available at Madisound! Listed at $94.00/each, they are intriguing drivers.

Comment

For us uniformed consumers, what is Rohacell?

Comment

Originally posted by skatz View Post
                For us uniformed consumers, what is Rohacell?
                I'm sure even an uninformed consumer knows about google. ;)

The cones that SB is using look a lot different than the CF/rohacell that you get on a Morel driver. SB looks to have used just foam backed carbon fibre, and without the shiny lacquer finish. So its more of an open face sandwich. ;)

Morel uses 2 layers, the front layer is woven, and the back layer is loose fibre more like paper, then has a lacquer finish that from what I've seen doesn't cover everything as there's always some carbon fibre poking through the sheen, but it does effectively fill the voids between the weave.
                I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening!

Comment

Working...
                X