OT - New Products From Sure Electronics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - New Products From Sure Electronics

It is no secret that I am fan of Sure Electronics products. I was using their BT 4.0 module before it was cool. It looks like they have a few new products in their line up.

First up is their volume controls (not new). These are digital controls with a mute feature and a continuos turn pot. When I was buying them they were $12.99. They have dropped the price to $4.99. You will be hard dressed to even find a decent analog pot for that price.

This is what I am really interested in...mono amps. As far as I know, no one offers a decent mono amps. They have 2 flavors and a 12v to 19 adapters work as well.

http://store.sure-electronics.com/au...00w/aa-ab31471

http://store.sure-electronics.com/au...00w/aa-ab31211

And the product yet to be determined, the Bluetooth amplifier board. Imagine, a 2x15 or 2x50 amp with built in BT 2.1 or 4.0, extended panel mount aux input jack, Li-Ion battery with balancer. They are just putting feelers out now but these would be killer boards. At the least an all in one unit with aux input. I sure hope they make these. Can you imagine the boombox projects we would have? I love boom boxes.

http://store.sure-electronics.com/po...mplifier_board

I have some 12v low pass preamps coming from China in the next few weeks. The quality looks good and I hope they are not noisy. I am thinking a 2.1 boombox with separate amps. 22-300 HZ I think would work well for woofer to play low as well as satisfy some midbass.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111701825743
    "A dirty shop is an unsafe shop, if you injure yourself in a clean shop you are just stupid" - Coach Kupchinsky

The Madeleine
    The Roxster
    Swopes 5.0
    Acoustic Panels
    Living Room Make Over

Re: OT - New Products From Sure Electronics

Oooohhhhh.. Soooo tempting...

Anybody know about the compatibility of the digital volume control knobs and different versions of Sure amps? Such as the older TK2050 100x2 boards or the 25x2 boards (gotta look up what chipset is in the ones I have)? I know I can use the other version that uses a separate board to control the level of the RCA inputs, but if the digital one works, it's less junk to stuff in the cab

Comment

Originally posted by Blenton View Post
      Oooohhhhh.. Soooo tempting...

Anybody know about the compatibility of the digital volume control knobs and different versions of Sure amps? Such as the older TK2050 100x2 boards or the 25x2 boards (gotta look up what chipset is in the ones I have)? I know I can use the other version that uses a separate board to control the level of the RCA inputs, but if the digital one works, it's less junk to stuff in the cab
      Some of those older boards used a different volume interface. So as opposed to the RCA connector board, they used a smaller decode board that plugged into the amp itself. Like this one

http://store.sure-electronics.com/au...rol/aa-aa11117

There are some amps that had the decode built in and just the 4 pin connector for the volume control on the amp boar. That just used the cable plugging into the amp board and the other end of the cable plugged into the volume pot board. You would only use the volume pot of the $4.99 volume control kit.

I hope this helps. There may have been other iterations along the way. but they seem to stick to a few designs.
      "A dirty shop is an unsafe shop, if you injure yourself in a clean shop you are just stupid" - Coach Kupchinsky

The Madeleine
      The Roxster
      Swopes 5.0
      Acoustic Panels
      Living Room Make Over

Comment

Hi Gordy,

The bluetooth amplifier board is EXACTLY what I've been looking for, including the Li-ion battery and aux jack. Any idea how or when it might become a reality, or how we might send positive feedback to Sure to make it a reality?

Failing that, can anyone point me to a circuit design / parts for building the same myself? I'm new to this and been researching the PE forums and elsewhere for a couple of weeks trying to figure out how to replicate your Madeliene (beautiful) or the Sprite or similar with an aux jack and a Li-ion battery with a single power jack for both charging the battery and for powering the amp, ideally without the need for switching. Should I post this as a separate request on the tech talk forum?

Many thanks,
        Tom

Comment

I ordered the Bluetooth module, volume control, and amp directly from Sure and it took only 8 days, not bad. It appears as if more of the amps would be easily plugged in if an adapter could be found. PE obsoleted the adapter and the power jack used on the Madeleine is on clearance.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	SURE AMP.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	368.5 KB
ID:	1169542 Click image for larger version

Name:	090-406.JPG
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1169543 Click image for larger version

Name:	090-496.JPG
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	1169544
          Sure also offers a couple of 2.1 higher power amps that require a higher supply voltage. I spent 40+ years in the electronic manufacturing industry and the Sure boards look top shelf.

Comment

Originally posted by wadsey View Post
            Hi Gordy,

The bluetooth amplifier board is EXACTLY what I've been looking for, including the Li-ion battery and aux jack. Any idea how or when it might become a reality, or how we might send positive feedback to Sure to make it a reality?

Failing that, can anyone point me to a circuit design / parts for building the same myself? I'm new to this and been researching the PE forums and elsewhere for a couple of weeks trying to figure out how to replicate your Madeliene (beautiful) or the Sprite or similar with an aux jack and a Li-ion battery with a single power jack for both charging the battery and for powering the amp, ideally without the need for switching. Should I post this as a separate request on the tech talk forum?

Many thanks,
            Tom
            I think these are coming soon.

http://store.sure-electronics.com/au...mplifier-board

The Madeleine
            The Roxster
            Swopes 5.0
            Acoustic Panels
            Living Room Make Over

Comment

Originally posted by randyohoh View Post
              I ordered the Bluetooth module, volume control, and amp directly from Sure and it took only 8 days, not bad. It appears as if more of the amps would be easily plugged in if an adapter could be found. PE obsoleted the adapter and the power jack used on the Madeleine is on clearance.
              Sure also offers a couple of 2.1 higher power amps that require a higher supply voltage. I spent 40+ years in the electronic manufacturing industry and the Sure boards look top shelf.
              I am a pretty big fan of the Philmore 70-534. Hard to fond on occasion but worth it. It is plastic so it is isolated and has a gold input as well as it is sealed. This makes it play better with metal input plates. I have used these a lot and they work really well. It really should be the go-to 3.5mm input PE should sell. It requires a 5/16 hole so no oddball metric hole to drill. It is also a great looking input as well.

http://www.philmore-datak.com/mc/Page%2060.pdf

That power input that is EOL requires a 11mm hole or a 7/16" and some light filing. It is really the best 2.5 and 2.1mm input I have found. I don't know why PE is getting rid of it.

Sure also has added a new distributor in the US so sourcing these odd ball parts should get easier. That volume control used to be $13. I was shocked to see it down to $5. But it is digital and has a mute function with I really like. They also have some new mono amps as well. I have been tinkering with a 2.1 box idea and these might be a good option if there could be some sort of FMOD type crossover for the amp. That way the expense and size of a cap-coil setup is obsolete.

The Madeleine
              The Roxster
              Swopes 5.0
              Acoustic Panels
              Living Room Make Over

Comment

Working...
              X