X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silverD
    replied
    Re: Yet another Overnight Sensations build

Thanks! Getting in some last listening before they are gifted to a friend.
    It was a fun project that will work well for PC audio or smaller room/lower listen levels.
    Nate

Leave a comment:

• Psycoacoustics
    replied

Always nice to see a "Happy Ending!"

Very nice! Enjoy, Mark

Leave a comment:

• johngalt47
    replied

Those are pretty!

Leave a comment:

• silverD
    replied

I finished the matching Voxel for the OS's. Here are some pics:

Thanks again to Paul for these great designs,
    Nate

Leave a comment:

• silverD
    replied

I'm just about ready to start applying sanding sealer to the new Voxel in 1/2" baltic birch to match the OS's I made for a friend. I chose to keep the same front baffle dimensions as the 3/4" MDF build and made the box internally the same depth for the port. It's amazing how wall thickness changes box volume. An outer dimensioned 3/4" walled box (10.625"x6.75"x11.625") is 485 in^3 internally and outer dimensioned 1/2" walled box (10.625"x6.75"x11.125") is 560 in^3 internally. That is a difference of a 4.25" cube.
    Anyway, here are a few pics:

-Nate

Leave a comment:

• kevin007
    replied

Hey that looks like the Voxel I built!

Awesome!

Kevin

Originally posted by silverD View Post
    I've always enjoyed building speakers and have recently gotten back into it. I built Tyger's Mariposas and just finished some OS's I built as a house warming gift for a friend. I sanded the knockdowns smooth, applied sanding sealer, and finished with spray satin polycrylic. They turned out well and sound great! Thanks to Paul for this great design.
    I also built a Voxel sub to go with the set. I built a test box out of 3/4" MDF with the same volume, but a different layout. I'm also very impressed with this design by Paul. I picked up some baltic birch plywood to build a matching box for the Voxel.
    I use a YJHiFi TPA3116 2.1 bluetooth amp to power the OS's and Voxel and it seems to fine, but does top out before the OS's do. ;)
    Here are some pics.

I really enjoy reading this forum and seeing what others are able to come up with.
    Thanks,
    Nate

Leave a comment:

• silverD
    replied

Originally posted by Paul Carmody View Post
    Looks good. Got any pictures of the Voxel build?
    Paul,
    I updated the initial post with a pic of the unfinished Voxel. The box is 10-5/8" tall x 6-3/4" wide x 11-5/8" deep and built from 3/4" MDF. The front baffle is spaced such that there is 1/2" spacing between the port and driver as well as 1/2" from driver/port to edge. I did have to sand down one side the inner port flange so that it would fit.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Carmody
    replied

Looks good. Got any pictures of the Voxel build?

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied

Nice work, they came out great.

I really like my OS's as well and am listening to them right now. They are my desktop computer sound system and they really rock much more than their size would lead you to believe.

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• silverD
    started a topic Yet another Overnight Sensations build

Yet another Overnight Sensations build

**Update** I have completed the matching Voxel sub. Pics a few posts down.

I've always enjoyed building speakers and have recently gotten back into it. I built Tyger's Mariposas and just finished some OS's I built as a house warming gift for a friend. I sanded the knockdowns smooth, applied sanding sealer, and finished with spray satin polycrylic. They turned out well and sound great! Thanks to Paul for this great design.
    I also built a Voxel sub to go with the set. I built a test box out of 3/4" MDF with the same volume, but a different layout. I'm also very impressed with this design by Paul. I picked up some baltic birch plywood to build a matching box for the Voxel.
    I use a YJHiFi TPA3116 2.1 bluetooth amp to power the OS's and Voxel and it seems to fine, but does top out before the OS's do. ;)
    Here are some pics.

I really enjoy reading this forum and seeing what others are able to come up with.
    Thanks,
    Nate
    Last edited by silverD; 09-11-2015, 11:20 AM.
Working...
X