Low cross tweeter suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low cross tweeter suggestions

I would like your opinions / suggestions for a fabric dome tweeter to cross at 1.6 k. to an 8'' driver.
    Please don't reply unless you have experience with the suggested tweeter.
    Budget up to $100.00

Many thanks
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    Website

Re: Low cross tweeter suggestions

Seas 27TBFCG, daily experience.

Comment

SS D2608. Also, you should have kept the Wavecor TW030WA11 you sold a while back.
      Last edited by dcibel; 09-06-2015, 06:08 PM. Reason: typo - wrong SS model
      I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening!

Comment

SBC26ADC-C000-4, It's a beast.
        Audio: Media PC -> Sabre ESS 9023 DAC -> Behringer EP2500 -> (insert speakers of the moment)
        Sites: Jupiter Audioworks - Flicker Stream - Proud Member of Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Jason, Ive been looking at that since intro but don't see anyone using it. Interesting tweeter but not for this app. I sholuld've mentioned fabric dome.

Originally posted by JasonP View Post
          SBC26ADC-C000-4, It's a beast.
          Website

Comment

RS28F will do 1,6kHz easily. Maybe you're looking for something less "boring"?
            "It is only Scrooge McDuck and others with a personality disorder who have money as their goal"

Comment

Originally posted by gowa View Post
              Jason, Ive been looking at that since intro but don't see anyone using it. Interesting tweeter but not for this app. I sholuld've mentioned fabric dome.
              You should consider using a waveguide when crossing to an 8" woofer. Polar response will be greatly improved.

I second the recommendation of the RS28F.

The SEAS 27TDFC will also meet the challenge without a guide.

Scan D2604 will also do the trick.
              R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
              Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
              "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

The SB29's are really well suited for this range. I've crossed all three of them (including the Satori) over in the 1.6 - 1.7 kHz range in my speakers.
                Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

Jeff, I wasn't expecting to see you here. I thought you'd be resting. I think you also recommend the RS28F for this type of app. Correct? That's the one I'm considering now.
                  Website

Comment

The rs28a/f are very good at playing. Low. Like Pete said, for a better directivity match a waveguide will help in crossing to an 8. Not absolutely necessary but will help in that aspect.
                    https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Thanks for the wave guide suggestions but I won't be going that way.
                      Website

Comment

Jeff, I wasn't expecting to see you here. I thought you'd be resting. I think you also recommend the RS28F for this type of app. Correct? That's the one I'm considering now.
                        Well, not feeling too bad, so I thought I would drop in. In fact, dialysis is pretty boring, so I may post from there on phone, so I may stick around some. Sure, as the others have said, the RS28f will do fine. While we're talking about it, it's brothers, the Usher 9930 and 9950 are good choices too.

Comment

My main system uses the Usher 9950 crossed about 1.6 kHz in a system with sensitivity of about 85 dB/2.83V. Its a soft roll off through crossover eventually going to 3rd order, so it's being asked to do allot, and it doesn't disappoint.

We played them at the Ott DIY get together a couple years ago and pushed ~ 250 watts through them with no signs of strain, lots of positive feedback on the sound of these.

I really like the sound of this tweeter and it's pretty easy to work with

Comment

Any thoughts on the Morel CAT328-104?
                            Website

Comment

Any thoughts on the Morel CAT328-104?
                              I have not used that particular tweeter, but I used the CAT-308 in the Solstice and I cross it in this same range. It is an older design tweeter, but it has a very smooth response and handles the lower crossover point with no problems at all. For a tweeter that's essentially been around for 35 years in one form or another it still does performs very nicely. I have used the 338, no problems there either.

Comment

Working...
                              X