Too many speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many speakers

I have too many speakers and hope to find new homes for some of them. Please see my ad in the Classifieds: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...-%283-pairs%29

Somehow I got an unwanted photo attached as a thumbnail at the bottom and can't figure out how to eliminate it.
    Thanks,
    Paul

Re: Too many speakers

This is a bad thing? :D
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Yep. I'm running out of room to store them in the basement (I maintain a good temperature/humidity environment there) and with maybe one or two exceptions, I can't carry them upstairs by myself to listen to them on some sort of rotating basis. I have 4 pairs of speakers that get used every day, 3 upstairs and one in the basement. Of course I'd like to get something in return from them for my efforts and I hate to see them just gathering dust (they aren't really as they're covered).
      Paul

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
      This is a bad thing? :D
      Wolf

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
        Yep. I'm running out of room to store them in the basement (I maintain a good temperature/humidity environment there) and with maybe one or two exceptions, I can't carry them upstairs by myself to listen to them on some sort of rotating basis. I have 4 pairs of speakers that get used every day, 3 upstairs and one in the basement. Of course I'd like to get something in return from them for my efforts and I hate to see them just gathering dust (they aren't really as they're covered).
        Paul
        HI Paul

Good luck with your sale - all the designs are fantastic and your wood work is impeccable. If you are not successful here, why not try Axpona - Bryan made a comment about it in Chicago, but its in early stage - your speakers and designs are prime for it.

Regards
        Ani

Comment

Any specialty audio shops around you that might do a consignment deal? I've tried Audiogon with my 442's, with no luck. It does cost a few bucks, maybe you'll have better luck than me. Your designs are a bit more classical than mine.
          A mains
          The Ventures
          Open Invit8tions
          RSR
          Sound Troopers
          Acorns
          DGBG's
          The Monuments

Comment

Paul , if anyone that is going to be at the Ky or Iowa event is interesred I can transport them for you.
            craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

I don't know that there are any such shops in my area. In the past I did sell a couple of speaker pairs via Audiogon and I'm still a member, I think, but I haven't even visited their site for well over a year.
              Paul

Originally posted by 6thplanet View Post
              Any specialty audio shops around you that might do a consignment deal? I've tried Audiogon with my 442's, with no luck. It does cost a few bucks, maybe you'll have better luck than me. Your designs are a bit more classical than mine.

Comment

That's a very kind and generous offer, Craig, and if anyone is seriously interested in doing this, I for sure will take you up on it.
                Paul

Originally posted by craigk View Post
                Paul , if anyone that is going to be at the Ky or Iowa event is interesred I can transport them for you.

Comment

I've had good luck with Craigs list

Comment

Nope, too many bad things have happened to people from dealing with strangers on Craig's List. Also, I figure I would more likely find someone who would appreciate these speakers by using this forum.
                    Paul

Originally posted by johnpastuck View Post
                    I've had good luck with Craigs list

Comment

Working...
                    X