X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Crewe
    replied
    Re: Accuton cells etc

As for the cells I have these in the works.
    The drivers will be all cell drivers (C30, C90, and the AS190)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	8in-cell-3d-wall-30.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	413.4 KB
ID:	1169794
    Here are the 30 liter enclosures for the AS190-9-252 (the desktops are 13.5" high)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	desk-top-30liter3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	374.8 KB
ID:	1169795
    David

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

The speakers we debuted at Axpona and now RMAF are the very first on the planet to use the C51. We actually have the first 6 or 8 pairs of them that came off the production line. I can't tell you how they compare to the C50 since I have zero experience with the C50. What I can say is that they are incredibly linear, have a pretty high sensitivity (~92dB/W), and their distortion levels are absolutely amplifier-like. You could run them as low at 500Hz if you're not trying to get massive SPLs. The high frequency breakup is ultrasonic so it's pretty easy to deal with. The mounting method is really cool too. We got them in black as well as white cones.

We also use a custom C220 as the lower midrange. Same cone but a much more powerful motor. You'll notice we don't use Accuton woofers for the bass module . . .

Here's a pic of serial numbers one and two mounted in their final home. They're crossed at 850Hz and 3000Hz.

Pete, those speakers are absolutely hideous. I really expected better from you guys. You can't really expect those to sell, do you? When you've given up on those and are looking for a place to dump them let me know and I will give you my address. :D

Leave a comment:

• Pete Schumacher
    replied

Originally posted by bill poster View Post
    Anyone by chance tried the new C51? And by more chance know how they compare to the discontinued C50?

Also a question about the C220 6 and 11 ohm- are there any audible distortion issues below 80hz, looking at the site measurements
    The speakers we debuted at Axpona and now RMAF are the very first on the planet to use the C51. We actually have the first 6 or 8 pairs of them that came off the production line. I can't tell you how they compare to the C50 since I have zero experience with the C50. What I can say is that they are incredibly linear, have a pretty high sensitivity (~92dB/W), and their distortion levels are absolutely amplifier-like. You could run them as low at 500Hz if you're not trying to get massive SPLs. The high frequency breakup is ultrasonic so it's pretty easy to deal with. The mounting method is really cool too. We got them in black as well as white cones.

We also use a custom C220 as the lower midrange. Same cone but a much more powerful motor. You'll notice we don't use Accuton woofers for the bass module . . .

Here's a pic of serial numbers one and two mounted in their final home. They're crossed at 850Hz and 3000Hz.

Leave a comment:

• bill poster
    started a topic Accuton cells etc

Accuton cells etc

Anyone by chance tried the new C51? And by more chance know how they compare to the discontinued C50?

Also a question about the C220 6 and 11 ohm- are there any audible distortion issues below 80hz, looking at the site measurements
Working...
X