X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete Schumacher
    replied
    Re: Accuton cells etc

If you're really careful with the XO I would think you could. The 70-10 needs to stay above 2800 LR4.

Leave a comment:

• Paul Ebert
    replied

We use a ribbon with the C158-8-085 in a few of our models without any special attention to the upper resonance. LR4 at ~2200Hz to the RAAL 70-20XR makes for a very engaging and non-fatiguing driver pairing.

I could see where trying to push it any higher might be an issue. There is a distortion spike around that resonance point which I'd want to avoid.
    Pete, could the C158-8-085 be used with the 70-10D?

Leave a comment:

• Pete Schumacher
    replied

Originally posted by bill poster View Post
    They seem to work well in taming the 3.5- 4khz resonance in the Midbass cones.
    For example, the C158 (according to a friend who tried crossing too high)has real audible issues if crossed too close, which is a shame if you wanted to use a ribbon
    We use a ribbon with the C158-8-085 in a few of our models without any special attention to the upper resonance. LR4 at ~2200Hz to the RAAL 70-20XR makes for a very engaging and non-fatiguing driver pairing.

I could see where trying to push it any higher might be an issue. There is a distortion spike around that resonance point which I'd want to avoid.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Originally posted by DoubleTap View Post
    Hey Jeff, if you can load them by yourself, you can have them!

The C51 is an amazing driver, we talked about it and all the other pieces of the Perfect Storm here - http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=135390.0
    Dang! Just last week the Doctor gave me a lifting restriction. I'm pretty sure these exceed it too.

Leave a comment:

• bill poster
    replied
    Accuton cells etc

They seem to work well in taming the 3.5- 4khz resonance in the Midbass cones.
    For example, the C158 (according to a friend who tried crossing too high)has real audible issues if crossed too close, which is a shame if you wanted to use a ribbon

Leave a comment:

• DoubleTap
    replied

Originally posted by Face View Post
    I agree. Most of their drivers without cutouts aren't special at all.
    The cutouts do weaken the cone, adding to resonance pre damping pad. Assuming you can stay far enough away from the resonance that it's not in play, you're better without the cutouts.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleTap
    replied

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
    Pete, those speakers are absolutely hideous. I really expected better from you guys. You can't really expect those to sell, do you? When you've given up on those and are looking for a place to dump them let me know and I will give you my address. :D
    Hey Jeff, if you can load them by yourself, you can have them!

The C51 is an amazing driver, we talked about it and all the other pieces of the Perfect Storm here - http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=135390.0

Leave a comment:

• Face
    replied

Kind of wish theyd use the cutout dots on more of their drivers, apart from looking cool they seem to work well
    I agree. Most of their drivers without cutouts aren't special at all.

I have a pair of C173-6-90s stashed away for a rainy day, a pair of C51s would be the perfect bridge between them and either the OEM or small RAAL.

Leave a comment:

• bill poster
    replied

Also found this on a german site, the new C168. Very shallow form
    http://www.myro.de/Bilder%20open%20e...1_744x1052.jpg
    http://www.myro.de/Bilder%20open%20e...2_744x1052.jpg

Kind of wish theyd use the cutout dots on more of their drivers, apart from looking cool they seem to work well

Leave a comment:

• Face
    replied

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• bill poster
    replied

Originally posted by Face View Post
    What's the list price on the C51?
    http://www.accuton.com/media/distrib...elist_2015.pdf

Pete, wow.

Leave a comment:

• Face
    replied

What's the list price on the C51?

Leave a comment:

• Pete Schumacher
    replied

Pete, those speakers are absolutely hideous. I really expected better from you guys. You can't really expect those to sell, do you? When you've given up on those and are looking for a place to dump them let me know and I will give you my address. :D
    You are one guy with whom I would love to sit and listen to these monstrosities. We could sit around for hours finding all the faults and proposing fixes, maybe come up with our own Turbo Encabulator tutorial on how to refine the sound.

Hope all is going well with you Jeff! And hope to see you before too long.

Leave a comment:

• Pete Schumacher
    replied

Originally posted by David Crewe View Post
    As for the cells I have these in the works.
    The drivers will be all cell drivers (C30, C90, and the AS190)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]61024[/ATTACH]
    Here are the 30 liter enclosures for the AS190-9-252 (the desktops are 13.5" high)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]61025[/ATTACH]
    David
    I can't wait to see them completed David. Should make for quite a statement!!!!

Originally posted by craigk View Post
    the people in the rooms above us at Axpona did not like them either Jeff. I know because at approximately 1 a.m. they sent the hotel staff to ask us to turn them down. maybe they just did not like the music we were playing.
    They now have a brand new crossover . . . what a difference.

They'll still get us in trouble at 1am though. :D

Leave a comment:

• craigk
    replied

the people in the rooms above us at Axpona did not like them either Jeff. I know because at approximately 1 a.m. they sent the hotel staff to ask us to turn them down. maybe they just did not like the music we were playing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X