X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silverD
    replied
    Re: Zaph Hi-Vi B3N's in Bamboo

Thanks Ani and Wolf for the guidance. Thanks isaeagle, I think they turned out well and will consider using them again in the future.
    Nate

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied

I've got a pair of those cutting boards sitting in my stash. Nice work!

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

The Project Gallery forum is intended for photos of finished projects, and links to write-ups, and was never meant to be a forum where large discussions of said projects takes place. So yes- post photos there, and link to the writeup over here in TechTalk to keep it organized.

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• silverD
    replied

Yep, I'm in a northern suburb. Let me know if you would like any more info on my builds.
    Thanks,
    Nate
    Last edited by silverD; 10-20-2015, 01:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ani_101
    replied

Nice, I just noticed you are also based in Minneapolis!

Regards
    Ani

Leave a comment:

• silverD
    replied

Originally posted by ani_101 View Post
    That looks great!

do you mind sharing the speedster build or at least some more photos (of the insides too if possible) - that looks interesting as well with the hinge and the locks - do you achieve air tightness with that arrangement? Also the showcase is the right place for finished speakers!

Regards
    Ani
    Thanks Ani,
    Here is the link to my Speedster build. From my observation, the cabinets do seem to be air tight. I adjusted the latches to provide the tightest fit and with the closed cell foam they are very difficult to get latched.
    Good point on the showcase,
    Nate

Leave a comment:

• ani_101
    replied

That looks great!

do you mind sharing the speedster build or at least some more photos (of the insides too if possible) - that looks interesting as well with the hinge and the locks - do you achieve air tightness with that arrangement? Also the showcase is the right place for finished speakers!

Regards
    Ani

Leave a comment:

• silverD
    started a topic Zaph Hi-Vi B3N's in Bamboo

Zaph Hi-Vi B3N's in Bamboo

A few years back my brother purchased the parts to build Zaph's B3S/B3N speakers, but hadn't gotten around to building the cabinets. I had asked to use some of his speaker building stuff and he handed me his box full of items which included the parts for these speakers. His birthday was approaching and I had some cheap bamboo cutting boards I had picked up from Menards recently that I thought would work to build some small cabinets. So I went to work. They are finished with tung oil.

I didn't really have a chance to listen to them as I was rushing to assemble them before his birthday celebration, but I did confirm their operation and had tested the crossovers earlier. Both the front and rear baffles are glued on so I needed the assistance of my small handed assembler (wife) to help get the crossovers hot glued inside the cabinets. He plans on using them in his bedroom powered from zone 3 on his receiver (one floor down and across his house). Looks like I might get to help with the wiring as well. :(...;)
Working...
X