Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9700 specs

craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Re: 9700 specs

Originally posted by craigk View Post
    So apparently they are not the same tweeter except for the faceplate.
    craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Fixed:

Click image for larger version

Name:	9700 fixed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	1170173
      Audio: Media PC -> Sabre ESS 9023 DAC -> Behringer EP2500 -> (insert speakers of the moment)
      Sites: Jupiter Audioworks - Flicker Stream - Proud Member of Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Thanks that was a quickie
        craigk

Comment

Originally posted by craigk View Post
          So apparently they are not the same tweeter except for the faceplate.
          Why would this be correct and not the other spec sheet?

I contacted the designer Ulrik Schmidt on a danish forum and he confirmed the 9700 and 9900 are the exact same tweeter apart from the front. He also said there may have been changes made through the years and that they would have been applied on both tweeters.

Apparently SS have made an information error somewhere...
          "It is only Scrooge McDuck and others with a personality disorder who have money as their goal"

Comment

Btw, I have two pairs of 9900, sold my 9700 years ago, one pair is about 15 years old and the other pair I bought used recently and have the added 00 in the name. They do look to have slightly different domes with the newer beeing a tad bit darker in colour...

The mystery is getting deeper... :D
            "It is only Scrooge McDuck and others with a personality disorder who have money as their goal"

Comment

Looking at the spec sheets for the 9500, 9700 and 9900, there are differences between the 9700 and 9900. The 9700 is very close to the specs of the 9900. However, the 9700 looks like it kind of splits the difference a bit between the 9500 and 9900, while definitely leaning toward the 9900's specs.

It looks like the description above is spot on, the 9500 dome and voice coil and the 9900 motor system.

Comment

Working...
              X