• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woodsart
    replied
    Re: "Tetelesti"...

Originally posted by JasonP View Post
    Are they going somewhere? Seems like the drivers have been around for some time and don't seem to be phased out.
    Hey Jason....I really don't know, but these are just Classic Jeff Bagby speakers worthy of one's collection.

Leave a comment:

• JasonP
    replied

Originally posted by woodsart View Post
    These Continuums-like I said WOW! Everyone should own a pair before they are gone. Just magic!!
    Are they going somewhere? Seems like the drivers have been around for some time and don't seem to be phased out.

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied

I am considering it, yes. However, Saturday is the day we arrive on the West side and our son's day off, but I am working on it. If you have never heard the Continuums you need to.

Thanks, Robert
    no i haven't heard anything other than what i've built and really want to ... check the get together thread , i think we are gonna be doing it both the 16th and 17th so if you can only make it sunday that would be fine ...

Leave a comment:

• woodsart
    replied

Originally posted by ani_101 View Post
    I do remember seeing a post on how you do it. Really cool.... Liked how the grains curve towards the corner on the front.... Thought you really went the distance to find a piece which curved towards the miter!!!
    Thanks Ani, I admire your contributions to the forum as well. Those corners could have been a little sharper, but working with can paint one has to move quickly. The back panel is really grained and is somewhat different.

I do need to add that this was a hard and detailed build for me and that Joeybutts cut the baffle out of plywood, so it is stained. Thanks, Joey!

Don, I think veneer is on the technical side, however I just might give it a try some day.

Thanks.
    Last edited by woodsart; 12-21-2015, 10:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• woodsart
    replied

Originally posted by filmslayer View Post
    are these the ones your bringing to Florida ?
    I am considering it, yes. However, Saturday is the day we arrive on the West side and our son's day off, but I am working on it. If you have never heard the Continuums you need to.

Thanks, Robert

Leave a comment:

• woodsart
    replied

[QUOTE=Jim Griffin;2096162]Very nice Robert! The artist at work.[/SIZE]
    Thanks, Jim, but I am just a painter.

Next up bass module before Florida, doubt that! :p

Robert

Leave a comment:

• donradick
    replied

Thanks guys....yes it is a faux finish only because I am scared of veneer.

Robert
    Love your faux finish creativity and variations - but veneer work is really not hard at all.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Griffin
    replied

Very nice Robert! The artist at work.

Leave a comment:

• ani_101
    replied

Thanks guys....yes it is a faux finish only because I am scared of veneer. I did try mimwax matt clear and it really gave a nice flat, smooth natural finish.

Unfortunately, Jeff my wife sees the same theme and is worried. She doesn't understand the "Bass Module"...yet!!! Hahaha. And, oh you forgot the Tritons which I enjoy just as much.

These Continuums-like I said WOW! Everyone should own a pair before they are gone. Just magic!!

Robert
    I do remember seeing a post on how you do it. Really cool.... Liked how the grains curve towards the corner on the front.... Thought you really went the distance to find a piece which curved towards the miter!!!

Leave a comment:

• filmslayer
    replied

are these the ones your bringing to Florida ?

Leave a comment:

• woodsart
    replied

Thanks guys....yes it is a faux finish only because I am scared of veneer. I did try mimwax matt clear and it really gave a nice flat, smooth natural finish.

Unfortunately, Jeff my wife sees the same theme and is worried. She doesn't understand the "Bass Module"...yet!!! Hahaha. And, oh you forgot the Tritons which I enjoy just as much.

Robert

Leave a comment:

• philthien
    replied

Those look terrific, I'll bet they sound fantastic, too!

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Awesome Robert!

Kairos, Continuums, and Quarks...... I see a theme there. Nice.

Leave a comment:

• Navy Guy
    replied

Originally posted by ani_101 View Post
    What wood is that and did you stain it?
    Woodsart does (amazing) faux wood finishes. It's not real wood.

Leave a comment:

• johngalt47
    replied

Beautiful!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X