X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philthien
    Seasoned Veteran
    • Feb 2007

East coast snow storm

You guys ready for 24" to 30" of snow? You better have your DIY speaker project materials lined up by now!

Let's see, coffee, check. Beer, check. MDF, check. Gas for snow blower, check. Lumber to occasionally reinforce roof, uhhh.

I sure hope this isn't that heavy, wet snow stuff.

Stay safe.
  • tomzarbo
    Seasoned Veteran
    • Jan 2006

Re: East coast snow storm

Here in Southern, NJ where we are, we're only expected to get between 12-18", but I do think they're talking about it being heavy, wet snow.

My fridge is full, gas cans good to go and generator is functional. I only wish it was coming Monday morning instead of on a Friday night so I could at least get a few snow days out of it.

I'm not looking forward to shoveling 550 feet of it, though. I should look into getting a snow thrower I guess.

TomZ
    Zarbo Audio Projects Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEZ...aFQSTl6NdOwgxQ * 320-641 Amp Review Youtube: https://youtu.be/ugjfcI5p6m0 *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
    *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF

Comment

• jims
      Midrange Member
      • Mar 2007

You definitely need a generator big enough for your highest-draw woodworking machine.

Funny thing. At the moment, they're forecasting less than an inch of snow where I live. We're not that far from the coast. I'm not complaining, of course....

Comment

• violaplayer
        Been Around Awhile
        • Aug 2009

Last I heard I'm in the 24in.+ bulls eye here in western Stafford VA. Good luck to you all. This is gonna be fun...:eek:

Comment

• neildavis
          Seasoned Veteran
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by violaplayer
          Last I heard I'm in the 24in.+ bulls eye here in western Stafford VA. Good luck to you all. This is gonna be fun...:eek:
          We are in Reston, 22mi east of DC, currently predicted for 25".

We are in a townhouse cluster and the biggest problem is finding places to put the snow. I just ordered a large wheelbarrow that I need to pick up tomorrow morning. I'll make a "snow dump" in an open area across the street and haul the snow over to it with the wheelbarrow. The big garden carts and small trailers work even better, but I couldn't find one that was reasonably priced.
          Free Passive Speaker Designer Lite (PSD-Lite) -- http://www.audiodevelopers.com/Softw...Lite/setup.exe

Comment

• Wolf
            Obsessed & Proud of It
            • Sep 2005

It's really weird that it went south of here. Usually we get the lake effect stuff.

Good luck, guys!
            Wolf
            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
            https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

• JRT
              Seasoned Veteran
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by jims
              You definitely need a generator big enough for your highest-draw woodworking machine.

Funny thing. At the moment, they're forecasting less than an inch of snow where I live. We're not that far from the coast. I'm not complaining, of course....
              Looks like if you do get any precipitation, it should be cold enough to be snow, hopefully not ice.

Woodworking show this weekend at the fairgrounds in W.Springfield.
              "Our Nation's interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance." - quoted excerpt from the October 2007 U.S. Naval capstone doctrine, "A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower", a lofty notion since removed in the March 2015 revision.

Comment

• jims
                Midrange Member
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by JRT
                Looks like if you do get any precipitation, it should be cold enough to be snow, hopefully not ice.

Woodworking show this weekend at the fairgrounds in W.Springfield.
                http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/w...ws/new-england
                Yes I know, but I already have too many tools that don't see enough use!

Comment

• philthien
                  Seasoned Veteran
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by neildavis
                  We are in Reston, 22mi east of DC, currently predicted for 25".

We are in a townhouse cluster and the biggest problem is finding places to put the snow. I just ordered a large wheelbarrow that I need to pick up tomorrow morning. I'll make a "snow dump" in an open area across the street and haul the snow over to it with the wheelbarrow. The big garden carts and small trailers work even better, but I couldn't find one that was reasonably priced.
                  Be careful, that plan sounds like a back or heart problem waiting to happen.

Comment

• bjaurelio
                    Been Around Awhile
                    • Mar 2015

We're in Alexandria, right in the 16-24" prediction. Let's just hope my wife doesn't go into labor during the snowstorm. She's at 35.5 weeks with twins.

Comment

• ROTECH
                      Seasoned Veteran
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by tomzarbo
                      Here in Southern, NJ where we are, we're only expected to get between 12-18", but I do think they're talking about it being heavy, wet snow.

My fridge is full, gas cans good to go and generator is functional. I only wish it was coming Monday morning instead of on a Friday night so I could at least get a few snow days out of it.

I'm not looking forward to shoveling 550 feet of it, though. I should look into getting a snow thrower I guess.

TomZ
                      Trade you a snowblower for some cool audio goodies!?!? lol.
                      Haven't used mine since I put a plow on the ATV.

Storm supposed to miss us by 50 miles or so, maybe 1-2 inches my way. I'll take any storm as long as its a weekend storm. Commuting to Boston in a blizzard takes forever.

Comment

• Sydney
                        Seasoned Veteran
                        • Dec 2010

Here ( 200 miles W of Wash. D.C. ) predicted 10" to 16"
                        Just 60 miles further W Only 2"

* Started Snowing @ 11:15 am
                        Last edited by Sydney; 01-22-2016, 12:00 PM.
                        "Not a Speaker Designer - Not even on the Internet"
                        “Pride is your greatest enemy, humility is your greatest friend.”
                        "If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."

Comment

• mattsk8
                          Seasoned Veteran
                          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by bjaurelio
                          We're in Alexandria, right in the 16-24" prediction. Let's just hope my wife doesn't go into labor during the snowstorm. She's at 35.5 weeks with twins.
                          Well congratulations!! I hope and pray everyone is ok and that it all works out for you!!
                          "The ability of any system to produce exceptional sound will be limited mainly by the capability of the speakers" Jim Salk
                          "Audio is surely a journey full of revelations as you go" JasonP

Comment

• PWR RYD
                            Seasoned Veteran
                            • Dec 2009

Originally posted by bjaurelio
                            Let's hope not. If she does you may be doing DIY delivery!!!!
                            Craig

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

Comment

• NickJ
                              • Nov 2011

Eek. Tell her to hold it...maybe download some how to manuals to your phone just in case. I had no idea there were so many other DC area people. No woodworking for me, but I did get a bunch of books, repair our gas fireplace, and bought some new whiskey.

Comment

Working...