Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help a beginner :)

Hello all,

I searched the forum to find what I'm looking for but no luck.
    I am designing a powerful Bluetooth speaker but i have no idea about electronics except making the connections.
    I really need your help or guiding me to a tested design that worked perfectly or please guide me on what parts to buy for an ultimate solution.
    All i have so far and can't substitute are 4 x 30 W full range drivers 8OHMs. 3 inches ( can't go to bigger since the side is only 20cm )
    I still need an AMP ,Bluetooth audio receiver and a power supply unless you think i need more.
    The design is cubic and each speaker in on a side.
    what are the AMP bluetooth and power supply i should buy from Parts express and do i need something else?

Really appreciate your help!

Re: Help a beginner

One part can do it all:

http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-...-40-a--300-780
    "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
    exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

Originally posted by baloo888 View Post
      Hello all,

I searched the forum to find what I'm looking for but no luck.
      I am designing a powerful Bluetooth speaker but i have no idea about electronics except making the connections.
      I really need your help or guiding me to a tested design that worked perfectly or please guide me on what parts to buy for an ultimate solution.
      All i have so far and can't substitute are 4 x 30 W full range drivers 8OHMs. 3 inches ( can't go to bigger since the side is only 20cm )
      I still need an AMP ,Bluetooth audio receiver and a power supply unless you think i need more.
      The design is cubic and each speaker in on a side.
      what are the AMP bluetooth and power supply i should buy from Parts express and do i need something else?

Really appreciate your help!
      I would think there are many solutions to your problem. The first that comes to mind is one of the relatively cheap, integrated Bluetooth stereo "chip" amps on eBay (from China) based on the TPA3116 class D chip. These amps are stable down to 4 ohms. So if you parallel the four speakers into two sets for L-R stereo, these would work.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bluetooth TPA3116.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	1171478

And the eBay link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TPA3116-Blue...QAAOSwcdBWTZIp

You'll need 24v power to get 27watts with relatively low distortion to each individual driver but 12v will work as well (13watts per channel, not per driver). That could be a 24V SMPS "wall-wart" or batteries (LiFePo or SLA-AGMs).

There are literally dozens of options for this.

Edit: at 12v you will only get 6-7watts per driver, the equivalent of 13 watts per channel with the drivers paralleled into two sets of 2.
      Last edited by Millstonemike; 02-10-2016, 04:15 PM.

Comment

@Decibel this is amazing but a little over budget but surely ill use on a different set! thanks
        @millstonemike That amp is already on my buying list ill most probably buy it thanks

Comment

Forget Bluetooth. It uses lossy compression, and has limited range. Stick to Airplay, or other lossless wifi-piggy-backed solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfgang View Post
            Forget Bluetooth. It uses lossy compression, and has limited range. Stick to Airplay, or other lossless wifi-piggy-backed solutions.
            Agree 100%, the reason I don't require Bluetooth.

Comment

Airplay crossed my mind but how can i use it on airplay ? is it stricter to apple products you mean or everything on WIFI?

Comment

Originally posted by baloo888 View Post
                Airplay crossed my mind but how can i use it on airplay ? is it stricter to apple products you mean or everything on WIFI?
                I think WIFI was the intent. There are some Airplay modules on eBay and the like though I have no experience with them.

I did see one TPA3116 2.1 amp that offered both Bluetooth and 3.5mm plug. However, that module is based on the same design as your current amp and uses the same Bluetooth daughter board so that's a non-starter.

Comment

Working...
                X